Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How to sell a $175 GSA Widget for $300 ++

Man, there are so many uninformed newbies on Ebay feeding the scammers. The coin in This Auction looks about MS-63 and is not proof like, yet the seller has hooked at least 4 suckers into thinking it is MS-65 PL!!

Perhaps some of us can "educate" the potential bidders (at the risk of "auction interference" or in this case, "scam interference") image

Comments

• Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I would say he is overstating that coin's quality just a wee bit......
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I don't really have a lot of sympathy for the bidders on this one. The seller is over-hyping it, but he's provided large clear images that make the true grade of the coin very obvious.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>I don't really have a lot of sympathy for the bidders on this one. The seller is over-hyping it, but he's provided large clear images that make the true grade of the coin very obvious.

Russ, NCNE >>

Fair point, I am just amazed (perhaps I should'nt be) how easy this seller was able to hook and handful of suckers.
  • Options
    Closed for $360. Gotta love it!! image
  • Options
    uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭
    "Tuition" like this is usually expensive for the collectors who don't take the time to learn about values up front...I ought to know, I certainly paid mine when I jumped in buying my first certified coin in an ACG slab years ago. I assumed that the grade was correct and that CU and Coin World's pricing guides were accurate...

Doug
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file