Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What kind of (non-coin) things have you purposely sold in order to buy coins?

Comments

• Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    I sold my "soul" when I bought this one (one of my first commems) because I promised myself I would never spend this much on a coinimage

imageimage
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    I haven't done it yet, but I am thinking about putting my wife up of auction at ebay. My only concern is that I won't get enough for her and will end up having to do my own cooking and laundry, and still not have enough for the coin I want!!!
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭
    I sold some model railroad stuff that was just sitting around collecting dust.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't done it yet, but I am thinking about putting my wife up of auction at ebay. My only concern is that I won't get enough for her and will end up having to do my own cooking and laundry, and still not have enough for the coin I want!!! >>

Pics please!!!imageimageimage
  • Options
    dizzy, she's 45 now and not as hot as she used to be. I still love her tho!!! No pic's!!! I don't think anyone can meet the reserve I would have to set on her.image
  • Options

<< <i>dizzy, she's 45 now and not as hot as she used to be. I still love her tho!!! No pic's!!! I don't think anyone can meet the reserve I would have to set on her.image >>

imageimage
  • Options
    I sold an Animation Cel signed by Chuck Jones. My wife wasnt to happy to find one of the walls empty.image
  • Options
    my dads collection of stamps (1936-1978) which is all MODERN CRAP™

most of the bulk stuff only brings 65-70 cents on the dollar !
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    Since I've put all my money in coins, I really don't have anything worth a squat to offer. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Bowls...but Ive been lazy lately. Ill make some more come winter
  • Options
    DismeguyDismeguy Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    Sold nearly all of my company's stock options to built the seated dime collection that is the foundation of web-book at www.seateddimevarieties.com. Now I am nearly broke but have a heck of a dime collection.
    Gerry Fortin's Rare American Coins Online Storefront and Liberty Seated Dime Varieties Web- Book www.SeatedDimeVarieties.com Buying and Selling all Seated Denominations....
  • Options
    i'm gettin ready to bus out with some jesse barnes plates
    he/she? is kind of a spin off from thomas kinkaid "painter of light"
    only he/she? calls themselves the "light painter"
    anxious to see what i can buy off those
  • Options
    BustmanBustman Posts: 1,911
    Sold a few watches ( I collect watches as well). And a few civil war tin type photos.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I sold some junk stuff I had lying around like DVDs, stamps, and computer equipment.
  • Options

<< <i>dizzy, she's 45 now and not as hot as she used to be. I still love her tho!!! No pic's!!! I don't think anyone can meet the reserve I would have to set on her.image >>

I listen to your voice like it was music, [ y o u ' r e ] the song I want to know.

I'd give you the world, just because...

Speak to me of loved ones, favorite places and things, loves lost and gained, tears shed for joy and sorrow, of when I see the sparkle in your eye ...
    and the blackness when the dream dies, of lovers, fools, adventurers and kings while I sip my wine and contemplate the Chi.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    60's Ford car parts. Mostly fairlane, falcon and comet. A real good trade off.

Ken
  • Options
    Comic Books
    Action Figures
    Bottles
    Stamps
    Records
    Sportscards
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold most of my old Beer Can Collection!

Coins take up a lot less room in storage than Beer Cans.
  • Options
    old SPI wargames-remember them?!
    USPI minimalist design collage
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options

I personally have not sold anything to buy coins, but I recently heard that MadMarty sold his collection of rubber chickens on the Asian black market to buy a nice AU-58 Frankie.
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to ditch my stamps, baseball cards, and sports autographs, but I have not yet made the effort.
  • Options

<< <i>I would like to ditch my stamps, baseball cards, and sports autographs, but I have not yet made the effort. >>

So are you saying that you will keep your collection of Beanie Babies??
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are you saying that you will keep your collection of Beanie Babies??

I have already sold them to buy Build-a-Bears and Friends 2B Made.
  • Options
    computer equiptment, performance parts that I am not using on any of my projects......Haven't gotten to the silverware, wife or kids yet...image
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,487 ✭✭✭✭
    My soul I think! image

At least sometimes it seems like it!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Sold a 1969 Camaro Z-28. Fathom green with white stripes.
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    Have been trying to sell my body. Have not bought any coins lately either.
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold a Colt model 1991 A1 .45 ACP and and a lightweight Colt Officers Model .45

Kinda wish I hadn't done that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file