Home Sports Talk

Week 2 NFL Pretenders:

There was ALOT of pretending this week in the NFL, so much that the "pros" looked like idiots!

Mini Soda Viqueens: Tice is an idiot, ok so we know that...Dumte is dumb, ok I knew that, but their "improved" D looks even worse
than last year. Ok, so Vick made the highlight film on your d...but Carson Palmer?? Only Brad Johnson can save this mess!

Bmore: This is a playoff team?? vaulted defense?? They have gotten hammered twice. They suck and Anthony Wright is not the answer..nice
way to waste away an all pro back

Lightning Bolts: Wasn't there a guy here last year who rode the chargers bandwagon all the way to the playoffs?? I wondered why he
didn't show back up....now I know. There are now two winless teams in the AFC West....

Raiders: This team hasn't been the same since the Buc train ran them over in the SB. Moss, Lamont and Collins have combined to win
zero games...money well spent! You are tied with the Mossless Vikes for last place. Right about now they are looking for when they play
SD!!

Philly: Yes philly, at 1-1 they have done nothing. If it wasn't for my phone call to Donovan McNad, he would of let down my fantasy stats.
He is not a winner, and Reid is still fat. San Fran sucks and we all know that. You proved nothing. even the cowgirls will get over on
your team. The road to the super bowl goes through Tampa and that scared TO so much that he doesn't want to even get that far!

Patsies: I knew you sucked when the Raiders almost beat you at home. A real team comes to town and just bullies you. You can't hang
with real defenses. Time to check the schedule for the Jets and Brownies! Pitt is waiting for payback and you all will show up in dresses!

JS

Comments

• Green Bay

Arizona

Both these teams were supposed to be .500 teams or better...

Houston - they may go 0-16
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    GB...we knew they had no d. Its hard even to a bucs fan, to see Favre go out like this. Take away #1 WR on any team and they would
    suffer, some would be dead in the water.

Arizona...JJ Arrington benched because he can't figure out the plays?

Houston...Like San Fran, the team you want your fantasy players to go up against.

JS
  • *shrug* Well, week 1 was a lot of stupid mistakes (and no Gates), Denver is a good team and it was close. Of the notable 0-2 teams, an espn.com poll shows 45% of voters think the Chargers have the best shot of making the playoffs (no other team has more than 15% of the vote); I'll concur with that image
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Detroit, beat Green Bay, then come out a lay a complete egg. Did they get schooled by Chicago. Harrington 5 Ints., no running game.

Stingray
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the years we've seen many longshot NFL teams get off to a fast start, and then start dying around midway through the season. Bucs fans enjoy the Bucs success while you can because around mid-season or sooner they will start laying down like the dogs that they are.
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I would add Tampa Bay to that list ... based on your own rationale.

Mini Soda Viqueens barely lost to the bucs, and Buffalo is not good. So at 2-0, the bucs are not that good.

Philly HAMMERED a piss-poor team ... they didn't beat them on late touchdown
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Ok, so Vick made the highlight film on your d...but Carson Palmer??

Carson Palmer is the real deal. Vick will be a receiver in two years ....
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • JS... omg the Pats lost their 3rd game in the past 34 games. That makes them pretenders. Perhaps i should shout my mouth off like you about superbowl rings...lol.
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>JS... omg the Pats lost their 3rd game in the past 34 games. That makes them pretenders. Perhaps i should shout my mouth off like you about superbowl rings...lol. >>

Exactly.

Stalin's most overused argument against those teams without super bowl rings is 'bucs rings: 1, soandos NONE'

The patriots had a bad game against a team who lost a last minute game against a hyped up Saints team, and who many had picked to go to the super bowl this year. What's Brady's record as a starter? I'll save you the effort: he has over a .700 winning percentage since becoming the starter.

The patriots are pretenders? Joe, this point just goes to show what everyone knows: you are misinformed at best, an idiot at worst.

The Lions are going nowehere with Harrington. He has how many weapons now? And he STILL can't win? He needs to be benched immediately and let Garcia take that team to the playoffs. The same in Arizona, Warner is inept....that last drive was ridiculous! He has loads of talent and he can't get the job done.

The problem in Minny is the new coordinator (from what I hear) is what's causing the problems....and the team isn't picking up the concepts. However their upside is the north is pathetically bad this year, and an 8-8 record could win it.

• << <i>The Lions are going nowehere with Harrington. He has how many weapons now? And he STILL can't win? He needs to be benched immediately and let Garcia take that team to the playoffs. >>

Garcia has a broken leg

<< <i>

<< <i>The Lions are going nowehere with Harrington. He has how many weapons now? And he STILL can't win? He needs to be benched immediately and let Garcia take that team to the playoffs. >>

Garcia has a broken leg >>

Oh wow I didn't know that....who's their back up then? No wonder Harrington is still playing.
  • Dan Orlovsky, a rookie out of Connecticut.

I read that Garcia doesn't need surgery, but it should be at least 8 weeks.
    who is talking about 1 game? The patsies had problems with the Raiders!! I didn't exepct them to hang with a true playoff team
    like Carolina, but I expected them to dominate at home against the Raider poor D..they didn't, they stunk and were lucky to get
    with a W

Funny, the Bills were a good team until the bucs beat them and now they MUST stink..check who had the best overall defense
    after one week....they aint there now!

The bucs are the real deal..there were doubters in 02, and there will be doubters this year. You all will need more than your
    Chucky voodoo dolls!

JS

<< <i>who is talking about 1 game? The patsies had problems with the Raiders!! I didn't exepct them to hang with a true playoff team
    like Carolina, but I expected them to dominate at home against the Raider poor D..they didn't, they stunk and were lucky to get
    with a W

Funny, the Bills were a good team until the bucs beat them and now they MUST stink..check who had the best overall defense
    after one week....they aint there now!

The bucs are the real deal..there were doubters in 02, and there will be doubters this year. You all will need more than your
    Chucky voodoo dolls!

JS >>

In case you didn't notice, Joe, and judging from your posts you haven't, but the Raiders do have a certain someone named Randy Moss. He creates huge matchup problems for any defense (and as a supposed lifelong Bucs supporter you should know that!).

They won by 10 against the Raiders, who were shut down entirely in the second half of that game...how is that not dominating?

Joe the more you post, the more uninformed you sound!
  • The Pats had problems with the Raiders, but they won the game correct? Makes no diff how the game goes only depends on the W or the L. Carolina's defense came up and played a huge game... took Brady off of his game. Guess what.. it was one game. But oh well.. thats ok.. guess a 34-3 record with 3 rings in 4 years isnt good enuff... just "pretenders" huh joe. Oh sorry how many rings do the Bucs have?
    When I think of domination I think of the 2002 campaign of the bucs, not of the Patsies, actually when I think of the patsies SB wins, I think
    of that ball call in Oakland and squeeking by the Panters. You all have been far from dominating! Our defense didn't even give up 200
    points all season in 2002!! next closest team was 260 and most of the league was at 320.

I don't get it..Are you trying to tell me the Raiders are a good team?? They are 0-2..that isn't good! Patsies have barely beaten a bad
    team and lost to another team..that aint domintion. Plus your running game is non-existant. Good think you aint paying Dillion big
    bucks!

JS

<< <i>When I think of domination I think of the 2002 campaign of the bucs, not of the Patsies, actually when I think of the patsies SB wins, I think of that ball call in Oakland and squeeking by the Panters. You all have been far from dominating! Our defense didn't even give up 200
    points all season in 2002!! next closest team was 260 and most of the league was at 320.

I don't get it..Are you trying to tell me the Raiders are a good team?? They are 0-2..that isn't good! Patsies have barely beaten a bad
    team and lost to another team..that aint domintion. Plus your running game is non-existant. Good think you aint paying Dillion big
    bucks!

JS >>

Joe-

Why do you conflict yourself so much? You try to say in posts when people call out Griese as not having a good game that 'don't look at the stats! It's about the win!' But then when you question the Pats, you try to say they haven't been dominating, and then you say dominating was the Bucs in 2002 (which they were) but then you try to bring stats into it?

Which is it? Do stats matter or don't they? Do they only matter when they support your argument, and not when they don't?

Look Joe, it doesn't matter how many points you win by, it doesn't matter how many yards you give up or allow, it's the win. The Patriots and Brady have done that better over the past 4 years than anyone. You can try to skew the numbers anyway you want, but a win's a win. Don't sit there and try to tell me the Patriots have been 'lucky' or not dominant...they've won 3 of the last 4 super bowls.

It's like you say Joe - It's all about the rings, right?
  • If the bengals smoked the Vikings think what they could do to the bucs(considering vikings were in the game utill 2 mintues left against the bucs).
  • lol.. this is great.

The Pats havent been dominating? Once again.. what is there winning percentage? How about this as a comparison:
    Including the 2002 season, the Bucs have went 24-24, the Pats have went 37-9.

Sorry.. and what was that ring count that is oh so important??
  • Since Joe wont look it up.. here it is:

Ring Count
    Pats - 3
    Bucs - 1
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>lol.. this is great.

The Pats havent been dominating? Once again.. what is there winning percentage? How about this as a comparison:
    Including the 2002 season, the Bucs have went 24-24, the Pats have went 37-9.

Sorry.. and what was that ring count that is oh so important?? >>

As an eagles fan I can quack all i want about 4 NFC championship games....but the arguement is kind of empty.....but THAT STATEMENT ABOVE.....thats pretty dag on hard to argue.

loth
    Sorry I don't call needing the refs to back you into the super bowl as dominating! I also don't call Jake Delhomme passing all over
    the place domination. If I remember right Mushin dropped quite a few on you all.

If you want dimination see the tape to the bucs SB...we took the #1 offense and made them look silly. New England has yet
    to do that.

Again, winning 3 years by a few points isn't domination. Going a whole year 12-4 then cakewalking through the playoffs is
    domination!

JS
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There was ALOT of pretending this week in the NFL, so much that the "pros" looked like idiots!

Mini Soda Viqueens: Tice is an idiot, ok so we know that...Dumte is dumb, ok I knew that, but their "improved" D looks even worse
    than last year. Ok, so Vick made the highlight film on your d...but Carson Palmer?? Only Brad Johnson can save this mess!

Bmore: This is a playoff team?? vaulted defense?? They have gotten hammered twice. They suck and Anthony Wright is not the answer..nice
    way to waste away an all pro back

Lightning Bolts: Wasn't there a guy here last year who rode the chargers bandwagon all the way to the playoffs?? I wondered why he
    didn't show back up....now I know. There are now two winless teams in the AFC West....

Raiders: This team hasn't been the same since the Buc train ran them over in the SB. Moss, Lamont and Collins have combined to win
    zero games...money well spent! You are tied with the Mossless Vikes for last place. Right about now they are looking for when they play
    SD!!

Philly: Yes philly, at 1-1 they have done nothing. If it wasn't for my phone call to Donovan McNad, he would of let down my fantasy stats.
    He is not a winner, and Reid is still fat. San Fran sucks and we all know that. You proved nothing. even the cowgirls will get over on
    your team. The road to the super bowl goes through Tampa and that scared TO so much that he doesn't want to even get that far!

Patsies: I knew you sucked when the Raiders almost beat you at home. A real team comes to town and just bullies you. You can't hang
    with real defenses. Time to check the schedule for the Jets and Brownies! Pitt is waiting for payback and you all will show up in dresses!

JS >>

JS...

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm still here, and still rooting for the Chargers!

Steve
    Joe-

You're pathetic. I am a fan of the Bucs and more importantly, a fan of football. Unlike you, I can recognize good sports teams exist other than the one I root for.

Can I ask you something Joe? How does winning by 1 point or by 20 affect the win column? Do you get extra credit for 'dominating'? What would you call 'dominating'? One super bowl win or 3 in 4 years?

I'd like to hear your insight as it's apparent you try to spin out of everything that questions your (failed) logic processes.

Ax

I know this is over your head but Ill try to explain. For most teams just winning is good enough, but when you have a year like 2002
    you want something more...like being considered the best....no doubt the 2002 Bucs defense will be put up with the greatest ever...
    wether the whole team gets that tag, that will reamin to be seen..but:

consider that:

They blew away Garcia and TO and that high scoring offense in the first round
    They pounded the Eagles at their place AND:
    They pounded the Raider in the super bowl.

I really would like to hear what other team dominated that much throughout the playoffs??

LMK

JS

<< <i>Ax

I know this is over your head but Ill try to explain. For most teams just winning is good enough, but when you have a year like 2002
    you want something more...like being considered the best....no doubt the 2002 Bucs defense will be put up with the greatest ever...
    wether the whole team gets that tag, that will reamin to be seen..but:

consider that:

They blew away Garcia and TO and that high scoring offense in the first round
    They pounded the Eagles at their place AND:
    They pounded the Raider in the super bowl.

I really would like to hear what other team dominated that much throughout the playoffs??

LMK

JS >>

Joe-

There's no doubt the Bucs' 2002 season is considered one of the best ever by any team. But for you to sit there and attempt to belittle the Patriots current run as nothing short of dominating is laughable.

You failed to address my question: does a team get extra credit for winning by 30 points, as opposed to winning by 3?

I'll ask you this in all seriousness: if you had the opportunity, would you trade the Bucs' winning one super bowl in such a dominant fashion for the Patriots' 3 super bowl wins? HONESTLY answer me that. Tell me that you'd rather have the one dominating win, then 2 years of 5-11 that we've suffered as a result of the trade for Gruden that robbed us of so many high draft picks. I want to know your true and honest feelings Joe:

Is ONE dominating super bowl worth more to you than THREE super bowl wins of 3 points?

Your answer will tell us you are either (a) delusional or (b) lying.
    Steve

Welcome! I knew you would be back! So SD is going to go 14-2 right?

JS
    Way to avoid the question Joe.

I knew you couldn't be counted on. Now go home and come back when you can make sense with your debates. As it is now, you speak out of both sides of your mouth, and neither one makes sense.
  • Joe will be pleased to know that 5 out of the 6 Espn football anylasts said the Bucs will falter and that they are the byproduct of playing young teams with new players(moss'les vikings, and the bills with a qb with no game experience other than a few snapes in preseason.)

• Don't get too high JS.

According to Gruden's wife, the team usually plays like Johnny boy has sex, and he's having trouble this year with premature emissions.

Out of the race by Turkey Day.....and once again the Grinch visits Tampa for Xmas.

• CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I really would like to hear what other team dominated that much throughout the playoffs?? >>

85 Bears come to mind. More recent the 2000 Ravens only allowed 23 points in 4 postseason games makes that 37 in 3 games that the Bucs allowed look pretty sorry. They also held that great Raider offense to only 3 points.
    Joe, I'm waiting.

Would you rather have the Patriots' 3 rings and not 'dominate' as you say, or the Bucs single ring and dominate for a single year, followed up with back to back losing seasons?

Your public awaits, Joe!

• The Giants aren't a pretender. They are a contender. image

<< <i>The Giants aren't a pretender. They are a contender. >>

Only watched a little of that game, but Eli looks much improved. Don't know about contenders but they might be pretty decent.
    Ahhh the great football analyst said the bucs would finish 5-12...ahhh thats not looking so good! You can forget what they say
    they don't know squat....if you want to doubt that see the Ravens record! Most had them in the SB

Yes the 2000 Ravens were good, but Id like to think that watching Caddy, Griese and Clayton is a little easier on the eyes
    than Trent Dilfer!

gemmy....The Giants suck and when they win is the only time you come out from under the bed!

JS

• Tell it to joestalin. Anybody not in Tampa's division is a pretender.
    The last image I have of the Giants is that monday night game a few years back when the bucs DB threw a brick wall at that WR
    in the endzone BAM

Eli sucks and Tiki has butterfingers..that won't get you to Detroit

JS

<< <i> Tiki has butterfingers..that won't get you to Detroit

JS >>

You're a nutcase.

Joe, why won't you answer the simple question?

Would you rather have THREE super bowl rings, winning the games by 3 points, or winning ONE super bowl ring and 'dominating'?

Why won't you answer this simple, either/or question?

<< <i>Tiki has butterfingers..that won't get you to Detroit >>

2 fumbles lost last year, that's less then Dillon who did go to the Superbowl. I guess since he lost 6 in 2002 which appearantly is the last season that ever mattered he has butterfingers.
    I just can't watch a guy who is know for caughing it up. Good think that the bucs now have other options come crunch time
    other than Alstott.

Gemmy...Its 8 minutes later and the Giants still suck....you want me to think differently..go beat the eagles!

JS
    Joe-

I've been asking you ALL DAY to tell me, which would you rather have:

THREE rings winning by 3 points each, or ONE ring winning in a blowout?

• Ax, dont worry.. Joe is hiding under his bed. That is why he cant answer any questions.

But this is a fact... domination is what the Pats have done for the past 4 years with the rest of the league. The record speaks for itself.

Ring Count:
    Bucs 1
    Pats 3
    Joe 0

• << <i>Ahhh the great football analyst said the bucs would finish 5-12...ahhh thats not looking so good! JS >>

Last time I checked, there are only 16 regular season games...

<< <i>

<< <i>Ahhh the great football analyst said the bucs would finish 5-12...ahhh thats not looking so good! JS >>

Last time I checked, there are only 16 regular season games... >>

I mentioned that, too, but as usual, Stalin doesn't listen to reasonable thought.

I've asked him numerous times to ask a simple question, whether he'd have the Patriots three 3-point super bowl wins or tampa's 'dominating' one super bowl win. I ask him because he says on one hand, it's all about winning the ring...he specifically mentions it when it comes to degrading the eagle and falcon fans because their teams haven't won it all. But then he calls the patriots 'patsies' because they 'only' won their super bowls by 3 points.

I've even sent him a PM asking him to explain which one it is...because he can't seem to make up his mind! Either it doesn't matter how many points you win by, thereby making the patriots 3 rings more worthy than tampa's one, or he'd prefer to have tampa's one over NE's 3, which makes him delusional.

I've been waiting for a couple days for him to respond...I don't think he's going to!