Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

should I submit this?

I take bad pics.......

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I would have to go with a no on that one. Common date, doesn't look much better than MS63 or so.

Edit: OOPS! Thought it was an S mint. Looks like it might be an O mint. Might be worth submitting.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    The submission price is more than the coins value.
  • Options
    so it would never make a 64 then?

yes, it is an O
  • Options
    I'd say 63 max on that one

Neo...image
  • Options
    I'm not a morgan expert but with all the marks on the reverse I do not think PCGS will grade it higher than 63. They're tough.
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options

<< <i>I take bad pics.......image >>

I wouldn't

Ben
    100% DAV, Been There and Done That!
    166 BHDs & 154 Die Varieties & Die States...
    Bust Half Nut Club #180

Festivus Yes! Bagels No!
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭
    MInt State Sixty Three = 25-$30.....Not worth submitting really........

TorinoCobra71

• Options

<< <i>MInt State Sixty Three = 25-$30..... >>

Not for the 1880-O. It's more like 10x that.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    It's worth a shot. If you get a 63, its a $280 coin!
  • Options
    Well, I paid $35 for it and they called it ms64......I wondered about the marks on the face but the reverse is definitely nicer than the pic.......Thanks for your help and assessments. image I took those pics with a camera, im gonna try a scanner, which I don't know how to work and see if they look any better.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hmmm now it looks like 62, shot 63.

Even if you get a 62, you would still come out ahead.
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what your going to do with it. If its just for you why spend anymore on it, put in the dansco and leave it be. If your wanting to sell it then yes submit it. O and IMO it will grade not higher than 63, the strike is actualy quite good but the marks on the cheek limit it.

Chris
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    I've never made a submission before...........should I join PCGS for $99 for the 4 free submissions or take it to a dealer? Which grading company would be best?.........I'll probably dump it because I don't really collect Morgans.

Thanks image
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome ILikeDimes.
    PCGS Membership Fees
  • Options
    If you have other coins to submit with this morgan, PCGS,s $99. membership is a great way to get started; you get the 4 raw coin submissions/ access to their on-line services and a graded silver eagle [a bargain] If you have only the 1 coin and plan to sell it; offer it here raw to the highest bidder on your thread; You will receive just as much money if not more and save the $30 to grade it and the shipping charges both ways to send it; [$50.] image
  • Options
    Thanks coinJP and 777 for the info............that's pretty much what I had in mind........join PCGS, get my feet wet, and see how it goes. I have a bunch of mint gold I'd like to submit so I wanted to sort of practice with the Morgan.

• Options
    Go for it! If you join the ANA you can submit to NGC. PCGS club is fine, plus they have aquarerly club memebr freebie submission. Which reminds me I have to go buy a coin to get my free grading....

Skerke
  • Options
    Also it lookraded m62 morgan, s more MS 62 comparing it to my pcgs graded morgan, they look like twin sisters.

• Options

<< <i>should I join PCGS for $99 for the 4 free submissions >>

The $99 gold membership no longer includes free submissions. You have to buy the $199 platinum to get freebies, and that would be eight of them.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>should I join PCGS for $99 for the 4 free submissions >>

The $99 gold membership no longer includes free submissions. You have to buy the $199 platinum to get freebies, and that would be eight of them.

Russ, NCNE >>

imageimageimageimage

Yeah, I saw that after I said it, guess I need to get to the site more often,but I do have a bunch of mint gold I want to have graded, so maybe if I can get a 70 out of one of em it'll be worth it. First I'll practice with the Morgan.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file