Home Sports Talk

Rumor Central: Soriano to Mets for Zambrano and Heilman

Heard it from Mike on the "Mike and Mad Dog" show.

It looks like ole joestalin is going to become a Mets fan in lieu of his beloved Phillies.

Comments

• I would be in favor of the trade if the Mets wouldn't have to give up a prospect as well.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I would be in favor of the trade if the Mets wouldn't have to give up a prospect as well. >>

Your getting a bona fide super star unlike last year when you got a pitcher with a whip over 1.50 for your top pitching prospect. Millege isn't even in triple A, I would have no problem trading him.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    What the rangers are throwing in the towel already? The Phils should be out there wheeling! Soriano would tear up the NL

3-4 tonight.....take note Yanks, THATS how you beat the O's!

JS
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    if it only takes zambrano and heilman id pull the trigger! if petit or milledge name comes up then id nix the deal!
  • KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Milledge from what i read was in AA and playing terrific

Zambrano has pitched very well this year. Something like 13 out of his last 15 outings he's given up 3 runs or less

• CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i> if it only takes zambrano and heilman id pull the trigger! if petit or milledge name comes up then id nix the deal! >>

Milledge is in double A tearing it up and Petit is pitching great in single A, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be studs, not all prospects pan out. I'd easily trade question marks for a stud Soriano. Sure the Mets have been burnt by bringing in studs that fizzle once they get there but they were also burnt when they held on to Wilson, Pulsipher and Izzy. I'd rather take my chances with the best offensive second basemen in the game then guys doing great against single and double A competition.
  • Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

How bout this one....Steinbrenner pulls a doozy and the Yankees get Soriano back and put him in Center Field where he has played before. That would indeed add fuel to the anti-Yankee fire.
    If the George has the balls to do that I will become a Yankee fan for one month!

JS
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>How bout this one....Steinbrenner pulls a doozy and the Yankees get Soriano back and put him in Center Field where he has played before. That would indeed add fuel to the anti-Yankee fire. >>

And just who possibly would queen george trade to Texas for Soriano?

Is he going to mortgage the future again? Who wants Wang, already having injury problems? Cano, your so-called RoY the candidate?
  • Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

LOL. You, Soriano Lover, you.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    This trade makes perfect sense for the Mets - but I am surprised at how many people called the NY sports radio shows today to say that they don't want Soriano! Are they nuts? Give up Zambrano, Heilman, heck give up any starter other than Pedro and Benson if that's what it takes. Add Soriano to the Mets lineup, and they will contend not only this season, but for the next several.
    The mets are used to losing and that is what they like to do. They are cellar dwellers and anything that might change that
    scares them. Alf needs to go to a contender...a team that is one player from winning it all..

Wade!!! Waaaaaadddddeee...are you listening...yo,...hey you Wade...hey..are you liste....ahhh forget it

JS
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    You might be right, JS - the Mets would be crazy to turn down a lineup with Reyes, Beltran, Wright, Floyd, and Soriano! As good as they are playing right now, they still have games where the offense does nothing. Soriano would sure help that - and, with him and Reyes flying around the bases - image
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Alf needs to go to a contender...a team that is one player from winning it all..

well that excludes teams like the mariners.

sd
    Good for you.
  • Something to remember.

"Soriano has benefited from playing in an offensive haven in Texas, where he has hit .322 with a .678 slugging percentage compared to .230 and .382 on the road. There also was a dramatic difference last year of home .317/.526 to road .244/.444. For those that care, Shea Stadium is a pitcher's park."

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris