Home U.S. Coin Forum

Do you carry pepper spray when you carry coins?

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a gun permit...but... "deadly force in protection of PROPERTY" can get you in a whole buncha trouble. If you point a gun at me or pull a knife or give me any reason to fear for my LIFE, I can shoot you.

But. What about the guy who thinks he's gonna just SNATCH yer case. Can't shoot. (least not in front of witnesses)

But you CAN spray the fella with some 10% OC that will make him stop ..... NOW!

I ....always..... have pepper spray with me. It's IN my hand when I leave the bank with any coins. No fumbling, it's already there. I always attend shows in California (or reciprocal permit states) armed with the gun AND the pepper. But if it's not where the gun is legal, the pepper's there. It's almost WORSE.

It's truly AWFUL stuff. I have got a .... w h i f f.....of it and it ....HOITS! BAD!

Comments

• BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    No, my coins taste fine just as they are.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but if I have eaten onions, I can be just as potent.

From both ends. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually put some salt on my silver coins, prefer the pepper for the copper image
  • My pepper spray is .380 caliber !!!!!! image
    Cam-Slam 2-6-04
    3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
    4 "YOU SUCKS"
    Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
    Seated Halves are my specialty !
    Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
    Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
    (1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
    IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image
  • i carry boom boom when i transport.
    know what you don't know.

hi, i'm tom.

i do not doctor coins like some who post in here.

• dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    I use to know a girl who carried pepper spray. One evening while at dinner she actually sprayed it on a Salmon Fillet and ate it. I never asked her about it and was afraid to even bring it up, it was rather interesting how non-chalauntly she did it. I'm guessing it doesn't taste too good.
  • Nope. A .40 Beretta. And robbery in just about any format would be a shoot situation, at least where I live.
    Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    my pair of GLOCK 19's suits me fine.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeh. Got it. Gun. Me too. Wot about the ....grabbenrun? I don't know of ONE jurisdiction where you can ......chase..... and shoot.
    The spray can be used on even a SUSPICIOUS character if you have noticed him an told him to back off. And I ....think... you can even CHASE a crook and spray him to getcher stuff back.

Just curious.

• ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not bad stuff...I was attacked by two men in Boston a fews back....able to fight them off by using it.....and they thought 2 on 1 was a fair fight....
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720

<< <i>I use to know a girl who carried pepper spray. One evening while at dinner she actually sprayed it on a Salmon Fillet and ate it. I never asked her about it and was afraid to even bring it up, it was rather interesting how non-chalauntly she did it. I'm guessing it doesn't taste too good. >>

Those single wide trailer girls can be down right tough, pigpen.
    Next time you take her out, tell her to order the catfish. That's most likely what she's used to eating. She probably just didn't know all fish don't taste the same.

Ray
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like LucyBop, a Glock 19. Just one though... image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .40 Sig239 has always served me well.
  • MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    I've worked with Oleoresin Capsicum before. It is the hot pepper extract that is used in pepper spray and it also is used as a food flavor ingredient in prepared foods and also in dietary supplements. I used it to formulate a dietary supplement at a place I used to work at, just a small amount diluted into soybean oil and encapsulated in a soft gelatin capsule. People took it as a thermogenic to try and speed up their metabolism. I used to eat a small amount of for kicks sometimes at work when I was bored. I'd dip a toothpick into the pure oleoresin capsicum and put it in my mouth. It is pretty hot stuff, tastes like concentrated hot sauce. Other people who I talked into trying it couldn't handle it and would run to the water fountain. I also used to mix it with a little soap in water and used it as an insecitcide to repel bugs in the garden. I never used it to spray on people though.

Here is a link to the product description for the various types of oleoresin capsicum from the company we used to buy it from. the one I used to use was 1,000,000 Scoville units and was also standardized to a certain capsaicin level. A scoville unit is the amount that the stuff can be diluted into water and still be detectable as hot pepper on your tongue. Link to Olesresin Capsicum raw material description

And here is another link to a oleoresin capsicum hot pepper spray info page Hot Pepper Spray Info
  • I look like Walking Tall when i'm carrying my coins, i have a BIG oak stick, thats all i needimage
  • XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    .45 Caliber canister with me......Only 12 sprays per P12 ParaOrdinace Can. You can get 13 out of it if you keep one in the nozzle............image

YOOORah Lucy, a pair of 19s
  • Lucy.......... I had you figured for a pair of 38's !!!!!! image
    Cam-Slam 2-6-04
    3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
    4 "YOU SUCKS"
    Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
    Seated Halves are my specialty !
    Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
    Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
    (1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
    IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    If I answer that question, should I also give a rundown of my whereabouts whenever I'm carrying?

Just wondering.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lucy.......... I had you figured for a pair of 38's !!!!!! image >>

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any stores that sell pepper spray in No. California? Or is it only available on the internet?
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    The only thing I use pepper spray for is spraying it on my gun, that way when I get hungry I can go sit in the car @ lick my gun instead of eating that awful coin show food.
    I know the police have used a lot of it on me. I wear glasses so it's not real effective & now they hit me with their clubs instead.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Lucybop said: "my pair of GLOCK 19's suits me fine."

Yikes! Hepcatkitty can bite!image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always get a taser... I hear it's like sticking your finger in a light socket while naked and wet.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file