Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

US MINT Product shipping delays. Surprise surprise...

<< <i>Dear Mint Customer:

This letter is being sent regarding your recent purchase of the United States Mint Westward Journey Nickel Series(TM) Coin and Medal Set.

We regret the delays you have experienced with receiving your order.
The Westward Journey Nickel Series Coin and Medal Set is currently on backorder due to a delay in packaging. The expected ship date for the set is September 1-15, 2005.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We appreciate your support and look forward to serving you in the future.

Customer Care Center
United States Mint
PO Box 869010
Plano TX 75084-9018
>>

imageimage
Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector

Comments

• Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    Just got mine too. How sad.
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Those punks at the customer service center have straight up lied to me now on two separate occasions "guaranteeing" me false shipping dates which never came to be, just to get me off the phone. It's just like delays at the airport when they keep telling you "One more hour" every hour when they damn well know its going to be forever.
  • Options
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

what makes it even worse is they knew the Maximum amount was 75,000. It's not like mint sets or what ever, where they don't know what the demand will be. They should have had 75,000 ready to ship from day one. Plus, they had this planned since the first Medal set, and with the trouble they had with that, and a YEAR to plan, you'd think they would have gotten it right.

Jerks!!
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    As long as you have it ordered what is the big deal really.

It is coming and you have your set so be happy.
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    Not true TheRaven. Since the mint still hasn't charged my credit card they still have the option of saying.... "Sorry, we were unable to fill your order. We are sorry for any inconvinience this may have caused.." image

And spare me the "Well, you didn't get charged so what do you care?" No one likes being dragged along for 2 or 3 months (keeping at least $25 in my bank balance at all times in case they suddenly charge and ship, hey I'm a poor college student and I would like to be able to spend that $25).

This is just bad business... simple. aficionado is right, they knew exactly what they had on their hands since before they went on sale. This is just pathetic.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭

If this were a private enterprise, there is no way they could continue in business. But, since it is the government, they can pretty much call any shots they want.

I see absolutely no reason why all the WWJ sets have net been shipped. None. They had a fixed quantity and a set ordering window in which the transactions should have been completed!

No excuse is acceptable! They really need to rethink their business priorities and plans cause they just plain stink!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Yeah, I also got my E-mail this morning about being delayed until September. Packaging delay??? The packaging is the same as the 2004 except for the slip cover that says 2005 instead of 2004. The box, plastic insert that holds the coins and the Westward Journey pamphlet are all identical to last year's. Hell, even the medal is the same as 2004's. So what's the hold up? A silver embossed cardboard slip cover that says 2005???? The only other difference is the COA. Again, another printed piece of cardboard. image
    -----------------------
    ---------------------
    -------------------

Finish like a professional!
  • Options
    Has anyone read my past dilemma with them. I posted the n umbers for the mint. They called me back with the tracking # and told me when I would receive it. call the # I posted for washington DC and ask for a customer service manager. The dorks that answer the 800 # are in a call center in Plano Tx and DO NOT work for the mint. They are subcontractors.
  • Options
    Gil: that actually explains a lot. I'll have to search for the "real" customer service number I guess.

tanner: I wouldn't believe them for a second that this is a "packaging" delay. They are just making excuses for their crappy service. Think about it... the majority of the 75,000 sets have already been shipped out quite some time ago. Do you really think it is going to take them TWO MONTHS to package the remaining sets??? I don't know what problem is causing them to be so delayed... but I don't think they are going to tell us. Hell, I would bet my set that it's not just "packaging" delays. Like everyone says, with the 75000 limit predesignated, they should have had all 75,000 packaged the week after they went on sale. grumble grumble neet neet.
  • Options
    I copied this from my previous post...pass it on !!!!

I CALLED INFO FOR D.C AND THEN WENT ONLINE. YES THEY ARE ALL GOOD #'S AS I CALLED THEM
    SO, as a public service and just because I am generally pissed off..Here for your dialing pleasure are the numbers to call....LETS GET OUR SETS DELIVERED.

Public Information- 202-874-3134
    Customer Service- (not the idiots at the 800 #) - 202-283-2646
    US Mint main # - 202-589-0112
    Press Office - 202-354-7222
    Public Affairs- 202-354-7227

I WILL get some answers with all these numbers to call... I'm just that determined.
  • Options
    I ordered a silver proof set and it took about five weeks to get here. I only ordered one, however. I just collect them for myself, not to resale. I did get a conformation e-mail and letter in the snail-mail. But, eventually, it arrived.
    COTC
    imageimage
  • Options
    This is much worse CoinontheCob; no confirmation e-mail, no charge to the card, no snail-mail letter. I guess they are too busy packaging the remaining sets to do all of this?
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,915 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like anyone who hasn't got their sets is being promised returned sets. They are basing their ship dates on the % of sets normally returned. Looks like sloppy seconds are the order of the day if you haven't rec'd your sets yet. Packaging delays........aka ....we are expecting some junk back in the near future....you may or may not get someone elses junk, but expect further delays. Chris
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sounds like anyone who hasn't got their sets is being promised returned sets. They are basing their ship dates on the % of sets normally returned. Looks like sloppy seconds are the order of the day if you haven't rec'd your sets yet. Packaging delays........aka ....we are expecting some junk back in the near future....you may or may not get someone elses junk, but expect further delays. Chris >>

That's exactly what I am expecting at this point. To be honest, I was pretty unhappy about the sets last year. But given the limited # of sets, I am hoping that they will go up in value in the future. Just adds to the value and completion of the collection I have put together for my daughters.

If I don't get these sets this year, no big loss.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file