Home Sports Talk
Options

kenny rodgers impressive show of strength

it's always fun to watch a pro athelete push around an old man with a camera.i imagine he is proud of his actions. maybe the WWE was watching and will offer him a contract.he reminds me of razor ramone.image

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Heard today that since it took place on the field, that MLB gets to hand down the punishment...and its likely to be between 10-15 games, and it could very well overlap the all star break, which would mean he'd lose out on a good chunk of money that was an incentive in his contract.

Smart move there Kenny.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Yeah, they showed it all on ESPN this evening. I can't see what brought it on. Completely inexcusable.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, they showed it all on ESPN this evening. I can't see what brought it on. Completely inexcusable. >>

he is "appealing" the 20 gamse suspension, but based on the footage, I am not sure on what basis he is appealing. He screwed up.
  • Options
    probably just a stunt to postpone till after the AS break - but fans sure don't want to see him there...

• Options
    His being there shines a dirty light on the all star game. Like was mentioned on ESPN, how does one explain to a kid this punk, this guy who beat up some reporters get selected to the all star game?

He should NOT be allowed to participate. Worse yet, he hasn't even apologized!
  • Options

<< <i>He should NOT be allowed to participate. Worse yet, he hasn't even apologized! >>

I could not agree more! That is totally right. He should be out.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Rogers did say he was sorry through his representative. His legal counsels advised him not to comment on the incident until the case is over.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

<< <i>Rogers did say he was sorry through his representative. His legal counsels advised him not to comment on the incident until the case is over. >>

It's one thing to comment on the incident.

It's quite another for him to simply man up and say (himself, not through a rep), 'I deeply regret my actions against those 2 photographers' or something similar.

Him having a rep comment reeks of insincerity.
  • Options

<< <i>Him having a rep comment reeks of insincerity. >>

I agree completely. It essentially says, "I am so big and arrogant that I can't be bothered with personally apologizing to everyone below me, so I will just have my lawyer do it for me. Anyway, that is what I pay him the big bucks for."

This guy has always been a jackass. This is also the guy who stated in SI that if a "suspected" 'roids player hit him with a line drive off the bat, he would sue the player and MLB for absolutely everything. That is what I'm hoping the cameraman does here.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris