Home U.S. Coin Forum

Major flaming in Ebay auction . . .

2»

Comments

• pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    could b b?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    B
    Doug
  • RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Look At All The People "The Culprits" Have Screwed:

tts-too - 358 Positives, 182 Unique eBay members, 1 Neutral - See The Dirt

rellaa - 1,063 Positives, 566 Unique eBay members, 1 Neutral, 1 Negative - See The Dirt

totaltravelsolutions (new eBay ID airfaresavers/store name same) - 1,847 Positives, 1,251 Unique eBay members, 10 Neutral, 2 Negative - See The Dirt

Totals: 3,268 Positives from a total of 2,099 eBay users (yes, some may be duplicated between the 3 ID's) with a grand total of 3 Negatives (2 from idiot coin sellers trying to mess with us) & 12 neutrals.

Of course, there are also thousands of successfully completed transactions where unfortunately no feedback was left.

jscott83 has as many negatives as all 3 of the above ID's Combined!

All I can say is John Scott is a sanctimonious, hypoctritical, liar that takes many things out of context and makes many baseless accusations without a shred of real proof.

In fact while he plays the role of "eBay coin world saving whistle-blower" he simultaneously breaks eBays ruls himself regarding direct offers as well as blatant personal info violations thinly veiled to be so transpararent that they are laughable.

In fact he simply sees us as a threat and wants to hurt our business anyway he can - plain & simple.

Roger A & Adrian, feel free to elaborate.

If anyone has a SPECIFIC question about a SPECIFIC accusation he makes I'd be happy to respond to it.

p.s. the specific accusation of getting someone to be high bidder with the intent to not pay is a 110% lie! imageimageimage

p.p.s. THIS was won fair & square but the seller thought it got sold for WAY too low (& it did) so came up with this whole story to resell it for a higher price - WHAT A LOWLIFE!!!

p.p.p.s. if the intent was to "mess" with the sellers auctions then why not be the high bidder on:
    THIS (underbidder helped him almost double his high bid - sorry Mike - see Bid History - I bet John didn't tell Mike to only pay him $230!)
    THIS (underbidder put another $65 or so in sellers pocket on this one - see Bid History - instead of sending an appropriate 2nd chance offer thru eBay for this seller violated & ignored eBay rules and sent an e-mail solicitation to sell another for $250) &
    THIS ? image

If anything, "pennyhound" looks more like a shill to help jscott83 (but that's ABSOLUTELY NOT what the bids are) than someone trying to mess with him.
  • Looks like I came at a good time image
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Damnit! I'm about to head home. Please keep the thread warm for me overnight. image

Russ, NCNE
  • morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    For the life of me, I can't understand who's on first. Oh I see, this is the Ebay website, my mistake!imageimage
    morgannut2
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭

<< <i>Damnit! I'm about to head home. Please keep the thread warm for me overnight. image

Russ, NCNE >>

• OffMetalOffMetal Posts: 1,684
    For some reason, it sounds FISHY.

If someone bids $125 on an item of this seller's, and he is currently the high bidder and the bidding is at $51.

Then this "Roger" or whatever bids $200, so the bidding will be at $127.50.

The auction closes and this "Roger" wins it, but the seller already stated that this "Roger" is a non-paying bidder, and the lot will be sold to the bidder who bids $125.

Lets say that if no one else bids on the auction, and it closes at $51. Then the seller would have gotten $74 less.

Hope I didn't lose ya image
    Ben

EDIT: RBinTex already said this could be a shill, so this could be considered an example image

Ben
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The under bidder always has the right to refuse to buy the item if he feels that "Roger" is really just a shill.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    I don't know how I got into this...and I don't want to burst anyones bubble..........but......
    I am the "Mike" that bought THIS COIN
    and I paid the $449 + change just as the ebay auction states...I have it in my collection now even as i type this.
    my bid was a snipe bid....AND....I typed in my "HIGH" amount of $600 dollars hoping to get it for less...i did....but i'd have paid $600...
    or bowed to the winner and said "nice coin...well done".........................................................(*whispering*........ ((you bastige!))........)

i'm aware of the rarity of this coin (about 50 times more rare than the famous die 1)

besides...i really wanted it!

as for pennyhound ...if its a shill bidder...i wouldn't know that.

but he/she beat me out of another coin i wanted once.image
  • cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    I think there's someone with that handle on cd's board, looks to me like he just wanted it and tried with a snipe too, just not as big as Mike's. Looks above board to me, and if I had been aware, I'd have been in there too, because he got a good deal on a rare, nice coin.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Roger ...

If your going to drag me into this to ... at least ... tell all the truth and not just what appears to be what is in your favor.

<< <i>If anything, "pennyhound" looks more like a shill to help jscott83 (but that's ABSOLUTELY NOT what the bids are) than someone trying to mess with him. >>

If you want me to post a copy of the email/s that were sent ... about this transaction ... I will be more than happy to post them, (all ... not in part) anyone that knows me ... knows I am not that petty ... nor would I ... "Shill or use a Snipe" to bid for me ... I do all my business "straight up and straight forward".

I don't like being used for anyone's benefit in this sorta "petty crap" ... and was only partaken into this by a "stipulation" you added to a loan agreement, we (you and I) had entered into for a loan by you to me, on some of my coin/s. (added by the way ... last minute and enbenoks to me ... before hand ... and again "LAST MINUTE")

I don't even consider ... anything below board, when dealing with my fellow (male or female) collector/s ... so leave me out of this "petty crap" ... I don't do business that way, and don't appreciate being dragged into this matter.

I, kept to my side of the deal ... and will in the future on payment/s to you, you do the same and keep me out of your petty squabbles ... OK?

• RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Ron,

I said explicitly that "pennyhound" WAS NOT a shill and implicitly that the bids placed by "pennyhound" were done WITH THE INTENTION OF BEING HIGH BIDDER AND TO PAY FOR WHATEVER WAS WON.

My point is that the liar John Scott implied AND stated explicitly that the high bidder that won the auctions in question did so with the intent to NOT pay or to simply "mess with him & screw up his auctions" - this is a BLATANT LIE!

I was simply trying to address the falsity of that lie. What would make John think this? I had no contact with him regarding his auctions. John had no idea that the winner had no intention to pay (not only because that's simply not true) but because you didn't tell him the bids placed by pennyhound were for anyone other than yourself. Or was that a lie too?????

You wanna talk about lies, half truths, & people not treating others fairly. You & John should look in the same mirror.
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I've had far too much vicodin this morning to follow this thread.

When it gets cleared up, will someone post a Readers Digest version? Large type too, I'm getting old and can't see too well.
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzimage
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am interested in this coin 1909 which sold to Pennyhound on June 19 for $315, and now the same coin is for sale again by JScott in THIS AUCTION which is already at $420 with a day to go before it ends.

It looks like a great coin, but why don't you own it Pennyhound?

What gives?
    Doug
  • good question ..
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    Roger,
    A personal appeal. Last year you got banned as "redcents" doing the same thing you are doing now as "rbintex". What is your purpose is doing this? You know you can deal with personal issues via PM's or regular email. Why bring the coin forum community into this? It comes out to us as a "he said", "you said" argument in which YOU CANNOT WIN!

You have some very interesting information about Lincoln cents and the hundreds of varieties which I think people would be interested in hearing about and seeing. Why not use your computer abilities and your love for the Lincoln cent to help educate us about COINS instead of all the BS that gets spilled here. JMHO. Steveimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file