Home Sports Talk
Options

Philly fans I know it's been a dissapointing season so far

CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
but at least you can say that you own the Cardinals. This is getting ridiculous, we beat you once and that was pretty flukely the rest of the games haven't even been close.

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    WOW!!! a non axtell gemmy fighting post!!

seriously though there always seems to be that one team you cant beat every year. its like the mets when the face certain pitchers.

greg maddux owns the mets. and randy wolf i dont no the stats for sure, seems like every time i watch him pitch against the mets he has cy young stuff!

p.s. i am glad mets dont see the cards again till september bc there 1 of those teams that owns us!
  • Options
    kuhlmann,
    I'm hoping the post can jinx the Phils image Another question for Met's fans, have they talked about moving Betran up to second in the lineup? He just seems to perform better there. Last year when the Stros moved him from 3rd to 2nd is when he caught fire.
  • Options
    no talks ive heard of.. i think willie is set with beltran in the 3 hole. our big problem in my opionion is id like to see david wright in the 2 hole. he has the most walks on the team and he (i think leads the majors in full counts) takes a lot of pitches, has a great eye... lineup id like to see..

reyes
    wright
    beltran
    floyd
    piazza
    cameron
    meintiwicz (spelling)
    matsui.

after tonite we are 40 games into the season at 21-19... not a bad start! considering we have faced the braves marlins and cardinals.

long season to go.. i am still very upbeat about the mets chances of making the playoffs this year.
  • Options
    I agree that Wright should move up in the lineup he has not dissapointed so far. I'd still like to see Beltran back in the two hole so maybe he will be able to run a little more. If Pedro and Floyd can stay healthy the Mets will much improved this year and I would expect to see Glavine to look more like he did in his last game then like he did earlier in the season.
  • Options
    I have no faith in Glavine! hope he proves me wrong the rest of the way.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< I'm hoping the post can jinx the Phils >>>

Say whatever you want, but it's impossible to jinx the Phillies any worse than they've already been jinxed throughout their history.

It's not looking good for them this season, but I'll keep rooting for them until they are mathematically eliminated. Hopefully that's not until at least after the All Star break - LOL.

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    As a Phillies Phan, I hope they lose every game. I want Wade fired, Montgomery fired, Manuel, fired, Burrell traded, Abreu traded, Thome traded, and Bell traded. Last night Leiberthal got the AB he needed to guarantee himself 7.5 million for next season. Of course they extended his contract because we traded Estrada three seasons ago for Millwood. The Phillies have a promising 2B in Utley and they platoon him???

They are already out of the playoff hunt because they have zero heart and mostly because they stink. Rollins has the nerve to say Phillies fans are impatient, and Manuel and Wade say we do not know what we are talking about. People say Philly fans are bad news, and that is because we have less than 10 championships in the 20th century not counting the Philadelphia Athletics, Stars, and whatever the lacrosse team is named. Tim McCarver of all people calls us the most knowledgeable fans he has ever seen, and he played for St.Louis.

It is tough being a Philadelphia sports fan.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    The lacrosse team is the Wings.

McCarver played for the Phils, 1970-71, 1972, and 1975-80 - he basically caught Carlton exclusively.

If you lived through the late 60s and 70s with the Phils, you can handle them today. At least they still have a good farm system, which many teams cannot rely on.

Oh, and I still think Joe Carter is the antichrist, with Mitch Williams a close second.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< It is tough being a Philadelphia sports fan. >>>

I feel the pain brother. I'm a Penn State grad and at least for years I knew that the Penn State Football team would always compete for a national championship - even that's gone now. An Eagles Super Bowl win would have satisfied me for years, but unfortunately they didn't quite get it done.

But I'm predicting an easy double digit win for the Eagles in the next Super Bowl.

When's football season start?????
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    we will be in first place at the all star break and then proceed to implode in the month of July..usually in the form of a 14 game
    losing streak.......actually if we ARN"T in first place at the all star break then I like our chances better!

All this minus Thome too!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>The Phillies have a promising 2B in Utley and they platoon him??? >>

I agree completely. At least they have started to let Polanco also play third taking some time away from Bell instead of Utley. Hopefully they'll get a deal done sending Polanco away.
  • Options

<< <i>but at least you can say that you own the Cardinals. This is getting ridiculous, we beat you once and that was pretty flukely the rest of the games haven't even been close. >>

And at least the male Philly fans can get their jollies by reaching out and probing Albert Pujols like they did last night. Pujols ran over for a foul ball and all of these hands reached out to touch Albert's chest and stomach. What is up with that? Those male Philly fans should keep their tendencies and feelings to themselves. Albert didn't look like he appreciated it, but was a class act throughout the ordeal. He even made sure a little girl got the ball, even though the molesters almost mobbed him for ther ball.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris