Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1979 topps vending box crack.........

I got my 79 vending box from BBC Exchange yesterday afternoon and was very pleased with the condition of the cards and the box in general.

I pulled an ozzie rookie( off center off course)
a pete rose off center too, I did not pull a ryan, murray, or brett
but did pull several dupes of some stars
Bench, Morgan,Schimdt,jackson,ryan stikeout leaders, amoing other league leader and record holder cards. rose record breaker. eckersly off center. Lots of nice mint cards with a few corner dings and a few centering problems.
Overall I liked the box, I will post some of the better ones later tonight when I get home, to see what you guys think they might grade.

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    how was the centering in general? Ihave found that 79 was one of the worst years of all the vending that I have opened . also, check the cards closely for wrinkles. the paper quality was not that good for this year either.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    overall centering was ok, not great except for ozzie, eckersly and rose the centering on all my stars is pretty good. I noticed what you talked about as far as wrinkles saw a few on the common cards and some on a seaver I pulled but nothing bad. Would PSA consider this surface wrinkles? They are barely noticeable and really just look like it was caused by the cards being packed together for 25 years. I got about 10-15 stars that should grade 9 or better, I may go through my commons tonight to look for perfect ones to send in also. Is there any tough 1 of 1 commons I need to look for?

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    I sent a Carew I thought was a 9. I was made aware of the surface wrinkle problem when I got it back as a 5!

There were microscopic, but there, so yes, they will hammer the card for that.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    dO THEY LOOK LIKE LITTLE SQUIGGLY LINES OR HOLES ? AND DID YOU GET THEM FROM VENDING OR WAX? i HAVE NOTICED THIS PROBLEM WITH WAX BEFORE BECAUSE THE GUM SEEPS THROUGH FURTHER THAN YOU THINK, CAUSING THOSE LITTLE HOLES.

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    they look like sqiggly lines, I have a brett that the same thing happened on psa 5 , they will definately hammer you. don't know much about the commons but there is very little demand even for tough ones.
  • Options
    i will re- check the ones i have set back for submisson for the squiggly lines. I didnt notice them with very close inspection with my eyes. I was surprised that I didnt get a Ryan, Brett, or Murray.

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    tennesseebanker, if you have any of the "all-star" cards that aren't worth grading, I would be interested in taking them off your hands. I'm looking for nice, pack fresh examples but don't demand PSA 9 or 10 quality.

Thanks.
  • Options
    yes, aj, anyone in particular you are looking for?

• Options
    CreeperKatCreeperKat Posts: 393 ✭✭
    I would be interested in purchasing the following Angels cards if you have them:

#18 Tony Solaita
    #212 Carney Lansford
    #313 Dyar Miller
    #530 Frank Tanana
    #638 Al Fritzmorris

Looking for raw cards that have a clear shot at a PSA 8 (NQ).

Thanks
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    i will see what I have. talk to ya later....

• Options
    creeper, I will look through my cards to-nite and let you know something. Will you be on these boards to-nite?

• Options
    CreeperKatCreeperKat Posts: 393 ✭✭
    I check in periodically. Just send me an EMAIL or a PM.

Thanks!
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    the old goudeys have the same wrinkle issues. You can have a mint card but if has a little and I mean little wrinkle on the surface layer which was during manufacturing your going ot get a 5. I've gotten them and resubmitted a second time and still a 5.

GG
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    tennesseebanker, it might be best if you turn on your PM so that we don't all have to transact our business on the message boards. Once you turn it on I can PM you a list of the cards I'm looking for.

Thanks.
  • Options
    here are afew of the cards I said I would post earlier today , feel free to give them your grade!

• Options

Whats the grade on this one? Never mind the bug on the bottom of pic he landed on my scanner..

• Options
    gee how do ya make the pic smaller???

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    find any of these, tennessee?

28 - 168 - 187 - 246 - 257 - 273 - 307 - 313 - 319 - 325 - 331 - 361 - 364 - 367 - 427 - 527 - 534 - 564- 619 - 638? How about a nice Jack Morris?

• Options
    Remind me tommorrow and I will be sure to look for ya, I just put all the cards back in the box. What condition are you looking for em in?