Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Whatchya all think of this . . .

ebay auction 5175871860 ? The only reason I ask is that this same seller has some other cards listed that I might be interested in but I don't want to get involved with a scammer.
"Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image

Comments

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link

If you don't want to get involved with a scammer, then stay away from this card.
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mac
    Here's a link to the auction.

Hmmm....that card looks about as genuine as these!

Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    the rose rookie is fake too..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

Why would you trust a seller who keeps uncovering Mickey Mantle baseball cards in a book, over and over?

Look at his completed auctions :

Mantle1

Mantle2
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭
    It's the exact same photo too.
    Not only is he a scammer, he's a lazy scammer. image
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    Should ebay be made aware of this guy?
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options

I think ebay has an area (after navigating) that you can report what you believe are fraudulent items. I reported all 3 of his mantle auctions and said it is pretty unbelievable he keeps finding Mantle rookies in a book.

I have gotten two scammers NARU'ed, hopefully I can get another one off of ebay.
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    Mac, call Rich at 910/262-5900. It will be worth your while in regards to the seller in this post. Thanks
    Collecting Graded Cowboys. Especially Emmitt Smith, Tony Dorsett and Troy Aikman!
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    oh stone...thank you. I was missing those for quite some time. Nice to see them show up again. Ahh.. think I'll bookmark this page. image

• Options
    You think 1 of the 3 finds would have been a real mantle !!! Just wait till I find that old fart running around the country planting fake mantles in estate books..
    A Sport Card Collector Is a WELL FOCUSED PACKRAT..

Need 1973 Baseball PSA 9's