Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

. over/finished/completed/thank you!

ALL PHOTOS OF THESE COINS ON THIS FORUM ARE COPYRIGHTED BY NEPTUNE.

(sorry got my times mixed up earlier.)

Remember - you will need to snipe this one by hand.

Update: Coin sent to CONECA: Mike Ellis says this: Heavy die scratch in an interesting place. Coin to be viewed soon by others. Some have been sent to ANACs, to hopefully, be labeled as 'Speared Bison.'

Read more about coin here at VarietyNickels.com
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bid and WIN, the very FIRST 'Speared Bison' to EVER be Auctioned off in the U.S.! This coin was found by me in an OBW roll in Texas.
There will NEVER be another first like this. This is it!

You can read more here: LINK to original thread on US Coin Forum

Auction rules. PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE BIDDING.

Thank you in advance for your bids.

Bids to posted here only! 4-day starts NOW, and auction will end 10 PM CST, Thursday, March 17 - St. Patrick's Day - for Luck! So let's go with the green! image

This auction is LIVE here ONLY. image

No 'PM bids' please. All PM (secret bids) disqualified. Bids seen here are the ONLY bids! I think that is fair.

Keeping it simple - all eBay rules will apply to this auction. Your bid is your contract to buy. 1/2 of final sale price will be given directly to Jeremy Katz/Airplanenut's Annual Charity Auction. Winning bidder's payment will be mailed to me, and then I will turn around and mail to Jeremy. We will avoid Paypal like the plague, because they charge too darn much. (Consider this my stand against PP fees, too - while I have the floor!) image

ie. He will receive half the cash - YOU (high bidder) will receive the 2005-D 'Speared Bison' Error coin that is shown below. I was told that this is a 'heavy die scratch'. I am not an error coin person so don't know much about it.

Feel free to start the bidding. (If you don't like the coin and aren't interested - then don't bid - and please don't use this thread as a place to trash the Bison coin.)

If you have any questions - please post them here or PM me.

Thanks for coming out! - Pam

First 3 photos below is of the EXACT coin you are bidding on. (2 photos under those are of 'spear' on another coin posted for your viewing pleasure.)

I do not grade MS coins. I can tell you this: It is UNcirculated and pulled directly from OBW Bank roll in Texas a few days ago. This is one of 31 coins with same exact error - all spears are the same, tho photography may vary.

There are a couple of dings, contact marks, etc. It is not a perfect coin, and no guarantees as to grade because (altho it irritates some to hear it) - I do not know how to grade MS coins. I can tell you this coin is NOT a 70.

The 'spear' starts at the 'E' in States and goes to below the Bison - almost halfway to the 'mound'. area.

Here's more shots of the 'spear - but these photos are on 'another' coin: (NOTE: All spears on all 27 coins are the same.)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comments

• Options
    Happy Birthday Neptune image Oh yeah, lets start the coin at $10.00
  • Options
    papabearpapabear Posts: 851 ✭✭
    I have seen a pic of it somewhere can't remember whereimage but I liked it so I will start the biding!!!

$10

Papabear image
  • Options

Monday April 10, 2006 9:04 AM

SM1 calls me a troublemaker....image

--------------------------------------------
    Sunday August 19, 2007 9:17AM

A mentor awarded " YOU SUCK!!"
  • Options
    $30.00
    Always looking

MS 1883 Registry Set
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭✭
    $35.00
  • Options

Sorry, hit the wrong emoticon..........image

• Options
  • Options
    do not let emotions rule your bidding do not let emotions rule your bidding do not let emotion rule your bidding do not let emotion rule your bidding do not let emotion rule your bidding do not let emotion rule your bidding do not let emotion rule your bidding do not let emotion rule your bidding do not let emotion rule your bidding do not let emotion rule your bidding do not let emotion rule your bidding do not let emotion rule your bidding

$75.57
  • Options
    NumisMeNumisMe Posts: 841 ✭✭
    Hey Neptune,

Nice find !!!

I'll bid $85.00
  • Options
    ebay should be this goodimage
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great cause.
    I'll go $100image
    Larry

• Options
    <<What a great cause.>>

• Options
    Come on people. Neptune needs some more bids! And Jeremy doesn't mind getting some of the proceeds so they need some more bids! If you don't bid it you can't win it!!! image Sorry, I've been a little excitable today, some good fortune came my way due to help from a very considerate coin dealer.....
  • Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Too rich for my blood..but ill give it a TTT!
  • Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    I am in at $125!
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin!!!

I'll help out, put me in at $135.00

Mas3387
  • Options
    Now that's what I'm talkin about!! You gonna bid, bid like this sponge guy!!! Now that's a bid. Its a
    monsta bid!!!! LOL Good morning all. I'm about tapped for this months purchases, so ur gonna see
    me running my mouth on this!!!! You know the old saying "If you can't dazzle em with your style, baffle em with your buffalo sheeet" or was it the bull? image
  • Options
    HI
    thank you
    but done gone up more than i wanted to paid.
    littlejohn
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Dang! This went up really quick! Put me in for $145.00 image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too High for me but back to the top
  • Options
    ttt
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Why is this auction for such a great cause and a cool coin on the second screen here? It really needs to be on top!!! !!!
  • Options
    oooooppppppssssss already ttt this, dang, hate it when I mess up image
  • Options
    Thanks all for your bids - Auction ends in 2 days! TTT
  • Options
    Hey, that sponge guy morphed!!! image Ole Sponge Bob was such a nice guy. Now this new guy, he's really a image, you can tell by that teasing picture of the top part of the slab of a lowly graded ms-69 DE-p modern crap quarter! But that's not enough, oh no, he has to leave out the image of the coin!image

I'll just bet that's one beautiful quarterimage Way to go mas!!!

Oh yeah, by the way, come on, need some bids here, your snipe programs won't work so you all better get to bidding manually.

• Options

<< <i>Hey, that sponge guy morphed!!! image Ole Sponge Bob was such a nice guy. Now this new guy, he's really a image, you can tell by that teasing picture of the top part of the slab of a lowly graded ms-69 DE-p modern crap quarter! But that's not enough, oh no, he has to leave out the image of the coin!image

<< <i>

I Need help!!! Spent way too much time messing with pictures yesterday. I can't seem to get pictures into my profile signature box. If someone can please HELP???

<< <i>I'll just bet that's one beautiful quarterimage Way to go mas!!!

<< <i>

Thanks, rb7557

<< <i>Oh yeah, by the way, come on, need some bids here, your snipe programs won't work so you all better get to bidding manually. >>

Put me in at $150.00 if thats the current bid?

PS The box at the bottom of my post is as far as i got with putting the pictures in, until i get some help the box with the red X will represent the picture of the coin that goes with the Cert tag i have as an icon.

imageimage
  • Options
    The box at the bottom of my post is as far as i got with putting the pictures in, until i get some help the box with the red X will represent the picture of the coin that goes with the Cert tag i have as an icon.

Mas, if I knew how to put that pic in for your icon, I would be more than happy to do it for you. I really have a hard time with pics. Now that I see you weren't being a image and teasing us with that cert tag, me thinks maybe it was the image in me making those comments. image But all joking aside, I can't wait for you to post the image. With almost 2500 of these graded, your pop 1 example is quite an accomplishment.

The bid on the buff isn't so bad either!!!image
  • Options
    TOP BId is at $150 by mas3387.

BIG THANKS to all who have bid so far.

Remember: 1/2 of high bid amount goes to Jeremy/Airplanenut's charity for pancreatic cancer.

Pam

• Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭
    TTT for all to see! Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    TTT Last day, so get your snipes ready. Oh and happy St. Patricks day to all you of Irish descent!!!
  • Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    It's time to "BUMP - You UP!!!!!!"
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options
    Too pricey for me . . . image
    I'm looking forward to seeing some manual sniping though.
  • Options
    A-r-r-r-g-h

Bump me to $151.00

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    ttt

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Hi Pam,

Let's try $165.00
  • Options
    Snipers......to your mark, get set, ok this has been fun.......
  • Options
    NumisMe yer a bum...............congrats! image

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Congratulations to NumisMe - Nice coin - Nice snipe . . . and a lucky coin at that - first Speared Bison found - first won auctioned off - for 1/2 a good cause on a lucky day.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in this fun auction.
    I will just make that $85 to Jeremy and free shipping.
    Numisme - please PM me your info.

Thanks all!
    Pam
  • Options
    Sorry all, but it was a 2 for 1...A nice coin and a chance to help Jeremy's cause.
    He made me do it --- image

By the way, Pam...You need to turn on your PM so I can contact you.

Thanks,

Ernie
  • Options
    Nevermind...image

I wasn't signed in.
  • Options
    Wow - now that's a good trick when you can snipe without being signed in!! imageimage

PM sent.
  • Options
    NumisMe - where'd you get that cool icon? oh and congrats! >craig
  • Options
    I'm not at home and I had signed in to send the post, but I had not checked the box to keep me signed in...Therfore, as soon as I sent the post, it signed me out again. Live and learn! image
  • Options
    Craig, I just chose it from the standard list. Cool, huh? image
  • Options
    Congratulations Ernie!!! image

This great auction closed well past my bed time image and I don't have a sniper,image
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin and Good cause a Double win win...image
  • Options
    That's OK mas3387...You can't use a sniper on this anyway...You just have to stay awake image
  • Options
    It's those early morning wake up's, image