Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Which are the closest hotels to the Baltimore show?

Hi All,

I would like to go Friday nite for Saturday. Which is/are the closest hotels to the convention center?

David

Comments

• Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    The Marriott 410-962-020
    The Sheraton 410-962-8300
    Holiday Inn 410-685-3500

are all within walking distance..........good luck though as rooms are getting difficult to get from what I hear.
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    There is a Days Inn right across the street from the convention center.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    what is the section of town in Baltimore if I want to do it through Hotwire? Anyone know?
  • Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979
    There's also Harbor Court - (410) 234-0176 Link
    Stouffer - (410) 547-1200
    and Hyatt - (410) 528-1234

also within very close walking distance (and on Light St.).

-Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options

<< <i>what is the section of town in Baltimore if I want to do it through Hotwire? Anyone know? >>

Inner Harbor would be the specific correct area. If they don't have that, perhaps Downtown but that's kind of general.
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    The Days Inn is at
    100 Hopkins Place
    Baltimore, MD, 21201 US
    410-576-1000

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    And most if not all are booked. image
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Marriott is a very nice hotel. When I was there for the '03 ANA, I was in the concierge level suite, which had windows that let you look into half of the baseball stadium... watching on TV, and when the ball went to the right place, watching in person image

This time, I'm staying at our new house! image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    One of the dealers I spoke with at the last show told me he stays in Laurel (my home town). From North Laurel, it's about 20 minutes South of the Inner Harbor/Convention Center. A straight drive up 95. There are a ton of hotels and motels on Rt.1 (Washington Blvd) which is parallel and about 1/2 mile from Rt. 95.

By North Laurel, I mean North of Rt 198 (which crosses 95). If you use a search tool with mapping, that shouldn't be hard to spot.

My only advice would be to stick with recognized named hotel/motel chains. Some of the others are a little seedy. There's a nice Holiday Inn and a Suisse Chalet at Rt.1 & 175 and a just built Executive Suite hotel in Savage (might be considered Jessup) on Rt. 1. Search Columbia, Savage, Jessup, BWI (Lithicum), and Elkridge. They are all basically the same area for this purpose.

Here's a link to a nice lodging listing that found on a site for an Antique show via Google Hotel List - Baltimore Area

I hope this helps. That may be an option for you if you don't mind the short drive to and from for the show, especially if the Inner Harbor places are booked. Hope you can make it and come to the lunch on Saturday.
    -Bob
  • Options
    Hi All,

Ended up booking for the Wyndham. Couldn't get the 119 rate but web rate of 143 was decent compared to others. Yep, they are booking fast...

David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file