Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

best way to sell vintage complete sets???

Guys,

I have complete sets of 1964, 1965, 1966, 1966,1967, and 1968 topps baseball that I am looking to sell.

These sets have all of the high dollar star cards plus many others graded psa 8 in each so I guess that each set would be about 80% raw and 20% graded in total.

The only cards that I sent in for grading are the big dollar ones and one ones that I thought would get PSA-9 grades.The balance of the cards in each set that are not graded are generally in near mint condition.

Anyone have any experience selling these types of sets, am I better off putting them up on ebay and try to sell each one intact or breaking them up and selling the graded cards first on ebay and then putting together of raw cards on ebay?????

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim
Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej

Comments

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    ebay first with a realistic reserve price in the form of a high opening bid, start at what you would be happy with.

then mastro, maybe you could get a nice deal since you are putting up a few high end sets, they usually bring great prices and if you could work off a few % points of your cosigment then you might come ahead and with very little effort.

try these boards! ... a couple of guys around here have been known to spend a few dollars on cards.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i> ... a couple of guys around here have been known to spend a few dollars on cards. >>

HEH! oh really?????
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    I sold a complete 55 Bowman graded FB set and a 54 Bowman FB set at %90 graded to fellow board members.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Jim:

I would be interested in talking with you about the sets.

I would possibly be interested in the 1967 and possibly the 1964 as well.

Please email me, if you like.

rruth@comcast.net

Thanks
    Rob Ruth
  • Options
    Jim:

I would be interested in talking with you about the sets.

I would possibly be interested in the 1967 and possibly the 1964 as well.

Please email me, if you like.

rruth@comcast.net

Thanks
    Rob Ruth
  • Options
    I would be interested in those sets as well.
    I would suggest you post a reply on this board with the following :

Your email address so people can contact you if they are interested.
    List your ebay userid so you show some credibility.
    Scan as many cards as possible. Not only the high dollar value cards, but many of the commons, so people have a better idea of what grade the cards are. Too many people grade their raw cards differently than PSA cards, and that's where buyers generally are scared. So if you can show that your opinion of raw cards is close to PSA standards, by showing scans, then you will have a better time convincing people to pay the true value of the set.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej

Id like some of the graded 65's
    Good for you.
  • Options
    btw, my email is kenny98z11@yahoo.com

I'd be interested in complete sets in NRMT or higher for all cards.
  • Options
    Oo Oo, toss my name on the sets as well... looking for them 1968 and before in EX+ condition, let me know and if you're looking for anything else in trade for yourself.
  • Options
    What are you looking to get for the 1964,1966 & 1967 sets? my e mail is pburnett04@comcast.net thanks Phil
  • Options
    As a comment, rather than a direct answer, it always kills me when I struggle to add a few last
    cards to complete a set I want to put up for sale. Overpay for a card so I can say it is a complete
    set and not a near complete set.

And then the buyer turns around and has 609 seperate auctions. Of course one can do whatever
    they want when they buy a set, even if the seller hopes they're making someone's day and the
    buyer keeps it for life.

Paul, getting another 1967 ready for sale
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff