Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Son of a Bea..ach.....The USPS lost my coins coming from PCGS....update:Coins Found..YES:D

fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
Life Sucks.image

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like an insurance claim..
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    Let's hope you put down the full value of that MS70 you made.
  • Options
    What sort of hoops do you have to jump through to get them to actually pay?
  • Options

<< <i>Let's hope you put down the full value of that MS70 you made. >>

Douglas it's not that order, its a different order....It's a classic submisson...CC Morgans, 1938-D walker. 1908-s Cent Killer stuff like that.
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭

<< <i>

Douglas it's not that order, its a different order....It's a classic submisson...CC Morgans, 1938-D walker. 1908-s Cent Killer stuff like that. >>

Ouch, even worse.
  • Options
    I wish they would've lost my last submission. image
  • Options

<< <i>

Douglas it's not that order, its a different order....It's a classic submisson...CC Morgans, 1938-D walker. 1908-s Cent Killer stuff like that. >>

imageimageimage ouch
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Wow - sorry to hear that.

On most of my last submissions, I was hoping the USPS would lose it as the insured value was worth more
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I still could have been a MS70 in there. I have heard of 20th century coins making that grade image

Good luck in getting your coins back.

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish they would've lost my last submission. image >>

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I have never had the USPS lose a Registered shipment! How long has it been? Where did they say they lost track of it at?
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    UPSP is pretty gravy for receiving refunds - as long as your paperwork is in order. They are quite prompt. Sorry for your loss - and good luck ....... hang in there!!!!!!!

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FiveCents: I'm sorry to hear about this. How long has it been since last contact with the shipment?? Is it possible that it will still turn up??

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, I have never had the USPS lose a Registered shipment! How long has it been? Where did they say they lost track of it at? >>

The last record of the package was at the newport beach post office where it was received on 1/5/05. PCGS shipped two seperate orders packaged seperately. I received one of the two packages last Saturday, the 2nd package never showed up. I called my PO today and the superviser said it doesn't look good.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With registered mail anyone who handles it has to sign for it,
    a litlte checking and they should find it.
    Anyway i hope they do for you.

• Options
    One word....

BUMMER!
    'My name is...... Shakezula, the mic rulah, the old schoola, you wanna trip, I'll bring it to ya.....'
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow, I have never had the USPS lose a Registered shipment! How long has it been? Where did they say they lost track of it at? >>

The last record of the package was at the newport beach post office where it was received on 1/5/05. PCGS shipped two seperate orders packaged seperately. I received one of the two packages last Saturday, the 2nd package never showed up. I called my PO today and the superviser said it doesn't look good. >>

I wouldn't worry just yet. I've had registered packages take almost two weeks, and because two packages were shipped the same day does not mean they will show up at the same time. Anyhow, you have to wait 15 days to file a claim.
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
  • Options
    rlawsharlawsha Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭
    I predict it will show up soon...
  • Options
    sadysta1sadysta1 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    IT WILL SHOW UP, PCGS shipped two packages to me on 12/23, the first one arrived 12/27, the other one five days later
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hang loose,it will show up.

Last guy that touched it "DOES NOT" want to have to explain it.

Lets see,a veteran postal employee is gonna snitch a 4k package when he makes 4k a month ?

Knowing hes gonna get caught and go to jail ?

You will be fine !

Just an FYI,i once had a package from Orange County (Newport Beach area) take 9 biz days to reach my house,not too strange right ?

Except im 50 MILES AWAY !
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the club. They lost an $1,800 REGISTERED package I sent to PCGS about 2 or 3 years ago. They paid the insurance claim
    but big deal. They put zero effort into an investigation even though I called several times to find out what was going on and offer any
    possible help.

U.S. Postal Insurance should be outlawed since you're buying insurance basically to protect your package.............FROM THEM!

Do we pay banks extra to not steal our money? No. So why should we pay the Post Office extra?

Sorry about your package. I hope it turns up and you have better luck with these idiots than I did.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do we pay banks extra to not steal our money? No. So why should we pay the Post Office extra? >>

We pay taxes so our deposits are insured up to $100,000 by the government.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Do we pay banks extra to not steal our money? No. So why should we pay the Post Office extra? >>

We pay taxes so our deposits are insured up to $100,000 by the government. >>

I know that. Well maybe they should do the same with the USPS.

• Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Even though their insurance rates are high compared to other carriers, I figure it's a cost of doing business. What really irritates me is if they totally lose a package, they will reimburse you for the value, but they will not refund your postage. Hello??!! They want to keep the money for a service they failed to provide? image The last package I lost was insured for $261, and I paid over $7 in postage. Sure enough, the refund check was for $261.
  • Options
    Yeah!!!!!!They found my coins.imageimageimage
    The superviser of my post office had me freaking out. The postal superviser talked to the lady in the cage(whatever that means) and she found it where it had been hiding for days. Why the tracking system showed the package never leaving the Newport Beach, Cali post office is beyond me.image I am not asking any questions...just glad they found my coins.
    Thanks all for the words of encouragement.
  • Options
    nice image
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI The "Cage" is where the safe and log for registered mail is kept. Not all employees have access, especially at a large facility.

GLAD YOU GOT THEM!!!!!
    WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Yay!
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    WHEW!!!!!!!!!

I heard that sigh of relief imageimage

Jeff
    I collect bits and pieces of everything
    or should I say I ACCUMULATE!
    I also dabble with the darkside image

Ive recently gotten more into currency, especially modern star notes
  • Options
    YIPPEE !
  • Options
    Post the coins and the grades that were in the package.

• Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭
    I just love happy endings.

-----------

etexmike
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options

Good for you! I'm glad they turned up. What an unnecessary scare! image

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why the tracking system showed the package never leaving the Newport Beach, Cali post office is beyond me. >>

I sent two Registered submissions on 12/30, and on 1/7 I asked the local postal clerk to track them. The tracking information stopped at "Package was accepted for shipment at... on 12/30". He explained to me that because Registered mail is kept under lock and key, the bag usually will not be unlocked at every stop and each individual item inside scanned. (They wound up arriving on 1/10)

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file