Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Modern player set guys....

how do you go about finding nice cards for grading? i'm talking about stuff from the 80's and 90's. there are no card shops in my area, so that isn't an option. has anyone had any luck buying large lots on ebay to get mint cards?

Comments

• Options
    Goodriddance189,

Go to the Beckett stores and pick one or two of the dealers there and buy multiples of each card that you want. Chances are you'll get the best they have and its turned out pretty well for me when I was buying Ryan cards. Just make sure you deal with only one or two dealers because otherwise the shipping costs gets a little ridiculis.

Scott J.
  • Options
    www.sportlots.com is ok, sometimes I get Gem cards that are listed as NM, and sometimes they are closed to EX because of the way they ship them. pretty much all modern cards on the site are listed as NM, I usually buy about 5 or 10 of something I need (for about $0.25 each) and I'll end up with 1 or 2 examples of that card that should grade a 9 (a 10 if I get lucky).

The 88 Topps Nolan Ryan PSA 10 I had graded myself I bought raw from that site image Its just a shame you when you receive 10 of one card in the mail and they are all EX because the seller shipped them in a white paper envelope with 10 cards smashed between 2 top loaders and tape holding them together. Although everytime this has happened they have issued me a credit, so I can't complain too much, and some of the sellers list their cards extremely cheap.
  • Options

<< <i>www.sportlots.com is ok, sometimes I get Gem cards that are listed as NM, and sometimes they are closed to EX because of the way they ship them. pretty much all modern cards on the site are listed as NM, I usually buy about 5 or 10 of something I need (for about $0.25 each) and I'll end up with 1 or 2 examples of that card that should grade a 9 (a 10 if I get lucky). >>

Well I am now 20 .00 lighter...thanks for the site address I will buy there often !!!

James
    x
  • Options
    For the longest time I collected Puckett cards raw about ten years.
    I was able to get roughly 15,000 puckett cards buying lots on ebay.

Just started going the grading thing a couple of months ago. every week i look through a bunch with my 10X loupe and pick out best. Once I get 100 I'll send them in to psa.

Meanwhile I'm buying graded cards from 4 sharp corners.

Who's cards are you looking for?
  • Options

<< <i>www.sportlots.com is ok, sometimes I get Gem cards that are listed as NM, and sometimes they are closed to EX because of the way they ship them. pretty much all modern cards on the site are listed as NM, I usually buy about 5 or 10 of something I need (for about $0.25 each) and I'll end up with 1 or 2 examples of that card that should grade a 9 (a 10 if I get lucky). >>

I just checked out the site also. It seems like a great source for player collectors. I already did 2 orders. I can't wait to see what i get. I should be able to fill in a lot of holes in my player collections.
    Thanks for the link
    I am working on PSA baseball sets in 8 or better from 1973 thru 1976. Also Mike Schmidt & Pete Rose sets.
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    I can't believe that I haven't seen that sportsloys site before. I just dropped 20 bucks. Maybe I can plug some holes! Thanks for the tip!
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers