Home U.S. Coin Forum

Crappy Ike Returned, Relisted @ Double Price?? Heritage?

I can't say what happened but...
in early November I saw many crappy--but high grade--Ikes for sale on Heritage. I looked at many as they could upgrade my set, but bought none. This example sold at a low price, $130, due to the problems on the coin. It appears to have been returned, and is now listed with a $260 buy now price!

Auction
Current Listing

Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Comments

• tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    gotta cover those losses on relisting and postage and time spent for someone to post it and yadda yadda yadda. POS imho
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Fingerprints must cost extra.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Unbelievable! image
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - William Faulkner
    NoEbayAuctionsForNow
  • TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
    It is possible the buyer consigned it with a reserve of $260
  • OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As if an Ike couldn't get any uglier!
  • Another tragic case of dioxin poisoning disfigurement.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    TUMUSS,
    Fair point. Not a great possibility, but it may have happened. Note it is for sale, not for auction now.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • I'd definitely wait for a better specimen.The print/smudge is downright ugly.
  • TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207

<< <i>TUMUSS,
    Fair point. Not a great possibility, but it may have happened. Note it is for sale, not for auction now. >>

Then again....maybe Heritage was the buyerimage
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    What a POS! By comparison, here's a pretty nice Ike in AU-58 plastic. I think someone submitted this hoping for a 65 and was horrified with what returned:

imageimage
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TUMUSS is probably correct. Heritage was the buyer in the previous auction. I see coins in their auctions show up in their fixed price list from time to time.

Since watching paint dry is more exciting than an Ike, I would not have noticed this one.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭

> in early November I saw many crappy--but high grade--Ikes for sale on Heritage. I looked at many as they could upgrade my set .....

The 1973-P PCGS MS-66 PKOK Ike dollar in the auction is surely a beauty image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • SemperFISemperFI Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure why they just don't dip the fingerprint off.
  • rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coin was probably bought by Heritage in the last auction, then re-listed as a Buy Now item at a higher price. They tend to do that when nobody bids on an item.
  • Why would PCGS holder that with the fingerprint - it looks bad.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file