Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay Slab occurance report

tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
I understand this report is limited but I was curious and figured I would share my results:

As of 5:45 NJ time...... 88,925 coins were listed in US coins for sale. I did a search of the major and minor TPG co's and came up with the following results based on a search of title alone and title and description.

Slabber...........title.........title and description
NCS.................25.................73
ACG.................72................293
SEGS...............230..............786
ICG.................567..............1070
ANACS............924..............3183
PCI.................996..............2321
SGS................1102............1225
NTC................1405............3035
NGC................4835............9136
PCGS..............6935...........12074

Now I know that the lower tiered companies use PCGS price standars so the results are going to be off. Interesting info non the less.

Tom
Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.

Comments

• Options
    What?? No Hallmark slabs?? I know of at least 3 listed right now.
  • Options
    cool image
    Michael
  • Options
    Nice job and interesting information!

Ken
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>ACG.................72................293 >>

And as of right now, ah-collectibles has 141 of these.
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    i was amazed at how many SGS plastic tombs were on the bay of e.....and not so many Anacs
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i was amazed at how many SGS plastic tombs were on the bay of e.....and not so many Anacs >>

That is interesting. I think the lack of ANACS coins on ebay helps proves that ANACS slabbed coins may not be getting the respect that they deserve with realized prices on ebay. Sellers might not be getting the price that the coins deserve and are hesitant to sell them on ebay. jmo
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>i was amazed at how many SGS plastic tombs were on the bay of e.....and not so many Anacs >>

That is interesting. I think the lack of ANACS coins on ebay helps proves that ANACS slabbed coins may not be getting the respect that they deserve with realized prices on ebay. Sellers might not be getting the price that the coins deserve and are hesitant to sell them on ebay. jmo >>

Since so many listing these days are for moderns, it may also reflect the extreme conservatism of ANACS when it comes to those coins. Dealers and collectors want "their" grade. If they send their moderns to ANACS they may feel that they can't get "their" grade. ANACS is the most underrated of the grading services.
    All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file