Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB: 1881-S PCGS Morgans in various grades

Hello,

I am looking to buy some PCGS graded Morgan Dollars for a grading set I am putting together. I have decided on the year/mint of 1881-S for the relative abundance and price. Obviously, the hard part is finding examples in lower grades. I'll list the coins I need to buy below, and if you have one you are willing to sell, please PM me with a reasonable offer. Two things I require: (1) is that the coin be in a new PCGS slab; (2) that there is little or no toning on the coin. Pictures would be great if possible. Thanks in advance!

Coins still needed:
1881-S PCGS G-4
1881-S PCGS VG-8
1881-S PCGS F-12
1881-S PCGS VF-20
1881-S PCGS VF-30
1881-S PCGS EF-40
1881-S PCGS AU-50
1881-S PCGS AU-55
1881-S PCGS MS-60 (bought)
1881-S PCGS MS-61 (bought)
1881-S PCGS MS-62 (bought)
1881-S PCGS MS-63 (bought)
1881-S PCGS MS-64 (bought)
1881-S PCGS MS-65 (bought)
1881-S PCGS MS-66

Comments

• Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    Anyone? Thanks!
  • Options
    ttt

Just bought one in MS-61 and MS-65. Still looking for the lower grades.
  • Options
    Crap, got outbid on a MS-62. I bid pretty strong, higher than some other completed auctions in MS-63. So I still am looking for the grades above in first post.

Thanks!
  • Options
    ttt one last time.

I know this is close to impossible, but thought I would try again and see if anyone has one graded less than MS-60 that they are willing to sell. I probably will have to start submitting some lower grades soon.

BTW, just bought a MS-63.

So I have an MS-61, MS-63, MS-64 and MS-65 so far for my grading set.
  • Options
    It will be tough to find some of the lower grades slabbed..Whats the pop on G4, VG8, etc.?
  • Options
    Don't know the pops on the low grades. But I agree, I will probably just have to submit those.

BTW, just bought an MS62 yesterday. image
  • Options
    Don't you want a 66,67, and a 68?

Jerry
  • Options
    Sure! Anyone want to donate one to me in the name of "learning." image

Actually, those higher grades will have to wait a little while until next year. My plan is to get up to MS67, but that is about it. But first, need to win the lottery. Or, wait until tax returns for the high MS grades.
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geoman: I think it is great that you are doing this project! Enjoy this project. Remember that half of the fun in doing this is the journey and not the completion of the set. Don't feel that you have a strict time limit.

Indeed, some of the lower graded coins might be difficult to find already slabbed, especially in PCGS.

You might want to make this set even more interesting and do a slab set of all the different generations of PCGS slabs in lets say the easiest grade to find (MS-63). That would be a cool addendum to your set!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    oreville always has such cool ideasimage

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    ttt

back doing this project again. Will probably have to submit the lower grade ones. Anyone have any AU's out there?
  • Options
    OneyOney Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭
    PM Sent
    Brian