Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Slabbing Euro Coins, is it worth it?

Hi Everyone,
I am thinking to send a few Silver and Gold Euro coins of Republic of San
Marino for grading.
Now I am thinking will that increase/decrease the value of these coins? Will
there be a market for third party grading Euro?
PCGS had already added the euro to there PCGS Set RegistrySM even though no
set has been registered yet.

What do you think?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Good Luck, it's expensive at $30 a coin. I'm currently working on several Canadian sets....
  • Options
    Thank you for responce. But it is $12.00 a piece. US and Modern coins 1965 to date. I have 5 coins Silver and gold all of them San Marino 2003R, 5 and 10 Euro Silver 20 and 50 Euro gold and 2 Escudo gold It will cost me
    Original Price $345
    Slabbing $73.40
    Total : $418.40

I see that only 20 and 50 Euro gold sell at $650 already on ebay. I can't go wrong can I?
    Thanks'

• Options
    Are there buyers at $650, or just sellers? image
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Only if Eur O collector of them....

David
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that slabbing Euros is the equivalent of slabbing state quarters. If you like them, want to put together a registry set, or have very high quality examples then go ahead.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Thanks David,
    Yes I am a collector of the Euro, I have every set BU set issued except Vatican 2002 and 2003 and Monaco 2003.
    So I guess i will go ahead.
    Thanks again David.image
  • Options
    Thank you Steve,
    I am thinking of a complete slab set like the State Quarters.
    Thanks
  • Options
    I have been very happy with the coins I have had certified. I have about 2000 PCGS slabbed world coins now and am confident that the slabbing has significantly added to the value of these coins. The reason for this is that I only send in the best quality coins, and with very few people sending in World Coins for slabbing (to any company, including PCGS) my slabbed coins (graded by an independent and respected third party grading service) should be viewed by the market as evidence of the quality of my set.