Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Card Savers (again)

Hello all,
What size Card Saver is best for sending in the larger Topps cards from the 50s. And do you really just stick your NM 55 Koufax and NM 56 Mantle in a 10 cent Card Saver and hope for the best?

Thanks,
JTB

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Card Saver I's.

If you package your submission well, it is not an issue. (in Card savers, in a cardboard box, with peanuts or other secure packing material. The Card Saver protects the corners, etc. from wear. How you package that Card Saver in your submission box is how you protect all your cards against bad damage.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Agreed. I put the Card Savers in groups of 25 with a rubber band around them, and then wrap the group in bubble wrap before placing it in a small cardboard box. Fill the box with packing peanuts to avoid movement during shipping. Seems to work fine.
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    I use Soft sleeves and wrap them with masking tape, putting them into a plain envelope and taping that with masking tape also.

OK Im JUST KIDDING.
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>If you package your submission well, it is not an issue. . >>

PSA official packing & shipping instructions
    imageimage
  • Options