Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ugly coin giveaway - with a twist - and the WINNERS are...

2»

Comments

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭
    ttt - a lot of groaners. Looks like folks want the ugly coin more than the farthing!!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    That coin is so ugly a vending machine would cough it back up again.image
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Wybrit's coin is so ugly CoinStar machines would pay 12.5% not to take it.
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    . . .the counterfeiters molding material REFUSED to take an impression of it.
  • Options
    Wybrit's coin is so ugly that Krause had to put a disclaimer in their book of world coins to prevent the weak of heart from looking at it.
    "You must love soldiers in order to understand them, and understand them in order to lead them."
    -Henri Turenne

• Options
    Wybrit's coin is sooooo ugly, that United States Customs had the coin deported in an attempt to prevent an international incident.
    "You must love soldiers in order to understand them, and understand them in order to lead them."
    -Henri Turenne

• Options
    Wybrit's coin was soooo ugly that my mom told me that if I stared at it too long, my face would stick that way. What does mom know anyway?

-Henri Turenne

• Options
    wybrit's coin is so ugly that, humm...cbcncncb ncncnnc kkdkdkd mmmd, arrrrggghhhh!!!
  • Options
    SylvestiusSylvestius Posts: 1,584
    Wybrit's coin is so ugly it could corrode the lense of the nearest camera, but if you think that's bad you should see Sylvester's dipped Sixpence!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wybrit's coin is so ugly that a pinup of Maggie Thatcher modeling lingerie would be appealing in comparison.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

• Options

<< <i>Wybrit's coin is so ugly even Satootoko wouldn't accept it !!! >>

Roy

• Options
    Wybrit's coin is so ugly... Norton Antivirus has issued a warning!!! image
  • Options
    Wybrits coin is so ugly, Laserart would take it and he wouldn't even know the difference. image
  • Options
    ttt - last go-around folks.
  • Options
    Wybrits coin is so ugly he doesn't even want it.
  • Options
    Wybrits coin is so ugly it was never considered for a state quarter.
  • Options
    Wybrits coin is so ugly Washington should have thrown that one across the Delaware.
  • Options
    I'm running out of ugly.image
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Wybrit's coin is so ugly, it didn't get hit with the ugly stick, it got hit with the whole damn tree!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Wybrit's coin is so ugly, ACG refused to grade it!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Wybrit's coin is so ugly, if you look in the dictionary under "ugly" there's a picture of it there!
  • Options
    Wybrit's coin is so ugly that if he took it out under the stars and the man in the moon would look the other way.
  • Options
    Wybrits coin is so ugly Merriam-Webster devoted this explanation,

Main Entry: 1ug·ly
    Pronunciation: '&-glE
    Function: adjective
    Inflected Form(s): ug·li·er; -est
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old Norse uggligr, from uggr fear; akin to Old Norse ugga to fear
    1 : FRIGHTFUL, DIRE
    2 a : offensive to the sight : HIDEOUS, WYBRITS UGLY COIN; b : offensive or unpleasant to any sense
    3 : morally offensive or objectionable <corruption--the ugliest stain of all>
    4 a : likely to cause inconvenience or discomfort <the ugly truth> b : SURLY, QUARRELSOME <an ugly disposition> <the crowd got ugly,ugly as WYBRITS COIN>
    - ug·li·ly /-gl&-lE/ adverb
  • Options
    Actually, Wybrit's coin is so ugly, I like it! (The slight damage makes it a great pocket piece.)
  • Options
    No more entries from this point on please. Will post winners tonight.
  • Options
    I can't remember another giveaway with this many replies.
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    There would have been a lot more if the coin wasn't so friggin' ugly! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    imageimage -found a challenger!
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    beauty, eh? image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    I can't remember another giveaway with this many replies.

Cacheman's "I suck" giveaway was the one that had the most I've seen - 158 replies.
  • Options
    Winners:

Best response: Zulan (by a nose!) Congratulations, you win the farthing!!image

Worst response: drthunder ("Geico??" Where's the originality, man??) image

Plus two surprises (coins, not to worry) will be on their way to:
    laserart - for Most Persistent Poster, and
    eureka - for coming close!

Congratulations to all the winners and commiseration to drthunder!! Please PM me your addresses.

Thanks to everyone for playing. It was a blast.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my "Virtual Type Set" giveaway in the summer of '02 got over 100 posts.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Persistance has paid off for me more than once. I got a very good job years ago because I kept going back to see if the position had been filled.
    Thanks Wybrit, this is a great and fun place. Even though I don't post much here I read most of everything. I guess I feel like I don't know enough and have anything to offer that people would want to read. I'll PM my address to you.
  • Options
    Yes! I get the ugly coin! Thanks. PM sent.
    Looking for tobacco cards (T206, etc), 1960 Topps cards, autographs, dvds, coins, plus more
  • Options
    ttt - one winner has yet to PM me an address!!
  • Options
    Friday's mail revealed a 1957 Half Penny, nice coin Wybrit. I like surprises and as it turned out I didn't have that one. I have a "I think I'll get that one too." kind of collection when I paw through the basket at one of my coin shops I go to once in awhile. When you get enough of them it starts to look like a collection. Thanks wybrit for the giveaway..