Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A Question about Qualifiers

Can you mark on your submission form that you do not want Qualifiers, and if so what does PSA do if you are say OC. Do they not slab or drop you down a few grades? Thanks all.

TK
1975 Topps Football PSA 9 or Better

Comments

• Options
    They will drop it down equivalent grades, a psa 9oc = psa 7 so i believe that's how it would be graded. I know it's taboo but I'll take a PSA 9oc with razor sharp corners than a PSA 7... or even an 8 with okay centering.

-okaywithqualifiersguy
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    They drop it down however many grades it takes to meet the qualifications. If your centering is truly bad (bordering on miscut), you could lose a lot more than 2 grades. The same holds true for the other qualifiers.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Yes - what Nick said. If you request no qualifiers, then the card will be brought down to whatever grade its centering justifies. If the card is 90/10 on the front and you request no qualifiers, your card will come back no better than a 3.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Thanks guys, The card I am wondering about is a 1951 Topps Red Yogi Berra, it is awesome in everyway but it has a little browning on one of the borders which came from the wax pack I pulled it from about 12 years ago. Just wondering if it is worth grading or not. Thanks again

TK
  • Options
    JonBJonB Posts: 495
    I sent in a 1951 topps blue back a couple months back, card has absolutely perfect edges (except of course for the top where the tabs were, but even those were nicer than most) centering was about 40/60, and it had just the slightest discoloration to it. I was expecting about a 6, maybe a 7 on a good day, it came back a 3, I am guessing because of the color, it seems like they grade them pretty hard
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Jon, I might have to re-think that submission. Its such an awesome card besides the little discolor from the pack. I keep the wrapper too, cause that thing pissed me off so bad when I pulled it. That was the card I was hoping for and when I get it with a little color I was pissed. Oh well, guess I will start the e-bay hunt to replace that one.

TK