Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Got my first Ebay scam email...

Yay, got my first today... Of course, I can still login to my account with no problem but what is the email address to where I would forward this to?? Is it spoof@ebay.com?

<< <i>Dear valued customer,
We have suspended your account as it appear to have been used by a third party without your authorization.
Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If you would liketo update your eBay account please fill in the form bellow or use this link:
http://pages.ebay.com/update/eBayDLLupdate.dll >>

The properties of the email are as follows:

<< <i>X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jFAQnv8NZEhJ7ZZaAPJzIGa
Received: from rly-ip05.mx.aol.com ([64.12.138.9]) by mc4-f12.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6824);
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:07:16 -0700
Received: from smtp-dtc03.proxy.aol.com (smtp-dtc03.proxy.aol.com [205.188.118.18]) by rly-ip05.mx.aol.com (v98.19) with ESMTP id RELAYIN6-740e2c81b1ac; Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:03:07 -0400
Received: from www.ebay.com (AC82340A.ipt.aol.com [172.130.52.10])
by smtp-dtc03.proxy.aol.com (8.12.11/8.12.11) with SMTP id i5UE321Q003724
for <amystri@hotmail.com>; Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:03:04 GMT
To: "Amystri" <amystri@hotmail.com>
Subject: TKO NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Possible Unauthorized Account Use
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:02:16 -0700
Message-ID: <25670034.20040630170216@ebay.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Importance: Normal
X-Mailer: EM: 4.52.0.790
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_PartID_523436037274122"
X-Scanned-By: MIMEDefang 2.40
X-Apparently-From: Beborabora@aol.com
X-AOL-IP: 205.188.118.18
Return-Path: suspension@ebay.com
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 30 Jun 2004 14:07:16.0302 (UTC) FILETIME=[8C82D6E0:01C45EAB] >>

Comments

• Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    I'm still waiting to get mine! I have yet to recieve one of those things. With SPAM protection from my web site and McAfee online, I think they get shucked out before they come in to my email account! McAfee just popped on the screen and automatically downloaded another patch!image
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    I am still waiting on the auction ended or invoice scam emails.
    I am surprised no one has tried sending any of those "phished" (fake) emails yet.
    Just in case, I always go to the www.ebay.com website and login to take care of things from there.
  • Options
    I get so many of them anymore, I just delete them. I've traced them the best I can and the ones I receive come from the "EU" domain or the Netherlands. I even get them with viruses in them that luckily get quaranteened at my local server. If any of them either e-Bay, pay pal, etc. give you a "choise" that's an obvious one. I can't see e-Bay paypal, miss spelling the word "choice"

Jerry
  • Options
    I have gotten a bunch from .ru russia lot of scamers starting in russia. image
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a cooler one yesterday--it was HTML, but they sent it from a text-only client, I guess. Anyway, I got lots of computer code... oops? image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭
    Geez, just sent the email to spoof@ebay.com and already got a reply back, not even 30 minutes later.image

<< <i>The email you reported did not originate from, nor is it endorsed by,
    eBay. We are very concerned about this problem and are working
    diligently to address the situation. We are currently investigating the
    source of this email to take further action. You may rest assured that
    your account standing has not changed and that your listings have not
    been affected. >>

• Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    They need to publish a few arrests and convictions, including long jail sentences of these sucks. That'll stop it.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Geez, just sent the email to spoof@ebay.com and already got a reply back, not even 30 minutes later.image
    >>

It's an auto reply... I think someone here said they sent a bid confirmation or something clearly from eBay, just for fun, and it came back labeled a spoof...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Geez, just sent the email to spoof@ebay.com and already got a reply back, not even 30 minutes later.image
    >>

It's an auto reply... I think someone here said they sent a bid confirmation or something clearly from eBay, just for fun, and it came back labeled a spoof... >>

Could be but the first email I got was a reply saying thanks for your email so on and so on and then the second one, the one I posted was more direct saying that my account is still active etc.. Then again, how would they know if my account is active as they had no info on my account...image

Jeremy, you are right again!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file