Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pictures of Hard To Find Morgan Dollars & How to Take the Pictures

Here is a PCGS G-06. Please post more if you have one.

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like I made it a bit small. Left name on cuz I got it from him.

Okay I biggered it.
  • Options
    Hey, I just got mine in the mail today....
    imageimage
  • Options
    Well at least 3 of us are condition freaks.

• Options

<< <i>Well at least 3 of us are condition freaks. >>

There are a lot of collectors who would be very glad to have these coins in the condition they are in!...image
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder who has the one MS62PL 1893S...

ps. and why is it the pop reports dont give specific populations for the lower grades...especially on coins like this when low grades are the only attainable grades for most.
  • Options
    I love mine.

You can really see the difference between G-04 and G-06. Look at the reeding on the edges.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's mine, need a hoster!

sorry about the size of the pic, trying to keep beow 50
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jealousy abounds in my reply.

I have none, but really want one.

It's only a matter or time (and therefore dollars) and prioritization.

My guestimate is that I will have one in vf or better within 2 years, if I can keep from getting sidetracked

and keep working steadily.

Thanks for showing your 93s dollars.
  • Options
    Here is the picture for jdimmick

imageimage
  • Options
    Nice one Jim!!
  • Options
    ksteelheader.....I am very happy with mine.
    Nuttin wrong with "Goods"

Affordable ...............and...............necessary.

Not a bad combo.

Always buyers for affordable keys in any series.
  • Options
    Nice pics guys. Thanks for sharing. One of these days I'll get one. Bob
    Pecunia in arbotis non crescit.
  • Options
    My dealer has another one, but he has it stuck in his personal collection right now! It's about VG, and I'll talk him out of it one of these days!!..image
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Very nice coins so far. More Please...
  • Options
    VetVet Posts: 1,513
    My icon pic is mine . Can't post pic I am at work it is raw I would say VF TO EF
    "Freedom of speech is a great thing.Just because you can say anything does not mean you should.
  • Options
    My F-12
  • Options
    Picture for paigowjohnny

• Options

<< <i>Picture for paigowjohnny

image >>

I like this one best out of the bunch.image
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!
  • Options
    I like the F-12 as well, but you have to go look at bajjerfan's.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Picture for paigowjohnny image >>

I like this one best out of the bunch.image >>

I saw one exactly like that offered by BlueManGroup (or, something like that. . .) on eBay not too long ago...

peacockcoins

• Options
    Thanks, since I don't know how to grade very well this helps! Jerry
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    #1: PCGS VG10
    imageimage

#2: PCGS VF25
    imageimage

and #3: PCGS VF35
    imageimage

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    Thanks Greg.

Now that is what I am talking about. More pictures. Anybody out there got an uncirculated 1893-S they would like to share?
  • Options
    Nice coins Greg image when did you snag the 35?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options

<< <i>I saw one exactly like that offered by BlueManGroup (or, something like that. . .) on eBay not too long ago... >>

I actually got that coin off ebay from BlueMoonCoins...not quite a year ago.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Well, I would post a picture but I don't have a 93-S any longer. I sold the two I had about a year and a half ago, both were ANACS Net AG 3s. At where they are now, I won't be buying one until there is a correction in the prices.
  • Options
    K6AZ

I respect your opinion, but this is the line in my PCGS Registry Set for the 1893-S

PCGS No. Date Denom Grade Pop Pop Higher
    7226 1893-S S$1 G06 163 2257

So, mine at G-06 has only 2257 graded by PCGS at higher than G-06. Do you really see a decline in 1893-S prices. They are hard to find in PCGS and just try to negotiate down with someone selling one.
  • Options
    They will come down sooner or later from where they are right now. The last time I looked, PCGS had graded roughly 2500 in all grades, I believe NGC was close to that, and who knows how many ANACS has graded. While scarce, they are by no means rare, there are always several on the market at any one time. Right now Heritage has a VG10 they want $2250 for.

If I'm wrong, that's what I'll probably wind up with, a GD 4 or 6. Which registry set is yours?
  • Options
  • Options
    My PCGS Registry Set is R. K. B.'s Morgan (Basic) Collection I
  • Options
    image Should have looked at your link! I've checked out your set. I see I'm not the only one who has had trouble finding a decent lightly circulated 95-S.
  • Options
    1895-S is very tough indeed.
  • Options
    There are a group of later S mints, the 95-S, 96-S, 03-S and 04-S that seem to come two ways - either mint state or heavily worn. I finally gave up on trying to find AU 96-S and 04-S and bought them in 63. And my better half nearly killed me.
  • Options
    And after you buy one they start comin out of the woodwork. Like washing yer car THEN it rains or waitin ferever for the bus till you light up a smoke!!
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Yep, Heritage has a PCGS 96-S in 63 closing tonight in the internet auction. Right now it is at $1840 with the juice.
  • Options

<< <i>I finally gave up on trying to find AU 96-S and 04-S >>

Exactly the two I'm looking for...I know what you mean...image
  • Options
    Yeah, I remember the feeling. Before I broke down and bought the 96-S in 63, there was a real nice looking PCGS AU58 on eBay. I had a snipe loaded at over $1250, or about 25% over MS60 greysheet. The thing went for $1300+ and my snipe didn't even have a chance.
  • Options
    This thread has morphed into a discussion on hard to find Morgans...

So be it. Let the discussions continue... However, if you have any pictures of 1893-S Morgans, go ahead and post them.
  • Options

<< <i>This thread has morphed into a discussion on hard to find Morgans... >>

Well, you see, the 93-S is so scarce we ran out of pictures, so we had to venture on to other tough S mint dates. image
  • Options
    While we're at it...I really need to upgrade my 01-S as well...the 62 on Heritage tonight priced me out though for that particular coin.
  • Options
    A fairly decent 96-S in a green label holder!!

AND

A PQ 1904-S in 63!!

Nice coins like these are as scarce or scarcer than the 93-S.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Okay, don't laugh. Here's mine. She's seen some action, but at least I got one in a PCGS slab. I slabbed her myself! image

I JUST got a new 1880-CC raw about MS60 or so yesterday. I don't have a pic yet...

Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And after you buy one they start comin out of the woodwork. >>

How true. I had been looking for a nice 1928-P Buffalo in MS65 or better for two years. I finally purchased an MS66 in a Signature sale and within six weeks saw seven more in 66 and four others in 65.

Where the hell were these hiding when I was pulling my hair out?

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    What that 01-S in 62 up to? I bought mine in 64 about three years ago, paid $510 for it at the time.
  • Options

<< <i>What that 01-S in 62 up to? >>

$402 including the juice...plus then 8% sales tax and shipping....

I'll wait...
  • Options
    I found it the hard way. Geez, you would think Heritage would be getting better with their images.

I don't blame you on passing at this point. Some 62s can be really nice and flashy with just one or two heavy marks. I don't like this coin because of the "stain" type toning on the reverse. For a little more you could find a decent 63.
  • Options
    Dollardude

Nobody is laughing. However, I wish the picture was a little better. It is hard to really see the coin.
  • Options
    Thanks, Numonebuyer. I'm using a Sony Cybershot 5 megapixel camera with audio/video/macro capability. I thought it was pretty slick, but I've not been too impressed with the results thus far compared to the pix that others take. I think I may get a different digital camera with a better lens someday, like maybe a Nikon Coolpix or that Fuji with the big lens.
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file