Home PSA Set Registry Forum

82 and 83 fleer stamps

i was wondering if in this sea of vast knowledge if anyone knows anything about fleer baseball stamps.any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    (From the pond of limited knowledge)

Sure. Don't know what you need to know exactly, so I will start with the basics. In 1982 Fleer issued a set of 242 player stamps (sold in packs, not as inserts with the regular cards). Stamps are 1-13/16 x 2-1/2, issued in strips of 10. Album could be purchased separately. Value for complete set: priceless (oh wait, that's not right, try $12.00)

In 1983, Fleer got really fancy and issued the stamps in 4 separate sheets (kind of like a factory set) or in "Vend-A-Stamp" dispensers (the same color as skittles) of 18 stamps each. Easier to just buy the sheets since you needed to get 16 of the dispensers to have a complete set. 224 stamps total, 1-1/4 x 1-13/16. Value for complete set: a whopping $5.00 (US)

You could also send in wrappers and get a poster showing all 224 1983 Fleer Stamps if you were a really dedicated Fleer stamp afficianado.

If you need info on particular players, let me know (in 1982, Ryan stamp is $1.00, everybody else is just about free). image
  • speederspeeder Posts: 819
    here ya go, one from my collection

• Bob,
    Excellent coverage of the topic. I was surprise to see a of $12 on the 82 as last time I looked, which was some time ago, unopened boxes were propping open doors and leveling table legs. Lots ot of stars and good photos.
    Speeder,
    A generous grade as I would have got you on L/R centering but a nice copy. They must include the long edge of the perferation not the short edge in the measurement. I think that would make it work.
    Sloanjr,
    To date there have been 26 graded in 1982 and 13 graded of the 1983. If you have ANY plans on a graded set (by the way, neither is listed on the registery as an available set) or even singles, it looks like submit yourself will be the only option. You will get old waiting on one to show on eBay.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • thanks to all for the info. i was just making sure i didnt get some grenada stamps.i plan on submitting a couple of stamps for player sets just to add a few different oddball things to them. once again thanks!