Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are there any coin stores in las vegas?

I'm hoping to buy a certified $5 gold liberty. Are there any good coin stores in vegas? I'm going there tuesday.

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Sahara coins. Link
  • Options
    They call em PAWN SHOPS !

Proof
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
    I've had a few good experiences at sahara coins.

Just make sure you really really eyeball the circulated stuff if thats what you're looking at.

I dont remember them having a lot of gold..........but thigns change.
  • Options
    nOoBiEeEnOoBiEeE Posts: 1,011 ✭✭

<< <i>They call em PAWN SHOPS !

Proof >>

Exactly what I was going to type when I first read the thread...image
  • Options
    AceAce Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Sahara Coins is a good shop. You have to take a cab from the strip or downtown, and it will
    be close to a $16-18 ride there. It is in the middle island of a strip mall, and they will call you a cab when you are done.
    Buillion also available at a reasonable markup.
  • Options
    spy88spy88 Posts: 764 ✭✭
    I live here in Vegas and have been to Sahara Coins many times. It is the biggest and best place to go to for all numismatic material.

But I would give them a call @ 702-367-4360 to see if they have what you are looking for in stock before going there---unless you just wish to browse anyway.
    Everything starts and everything stops at precisely the right time for precisely the right reason.
  • Options
    Hmm, I hope they have some gold. Are there any other coin stores besides this one, (and pawn shops image )
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    http://www.yellow.com/lasvegas.html

Search for coins then for pawn shop.
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Looks like they don't have what you're looking for. Why don't you look around on the internet for one, and when you see something that looks good, run it past us?
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like they don't have what you're looking for. Why don't you look around on the internet for one, and when you see something that looks good, run it past us? >>

Wait..they don't have what I have? How did you know? We've decided we're going monday. I really gotta know some good places.. are you sure saharas coins doesn't have any gold coins?
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    I have been to Saraha Coins once. They had a great inventory, so I would not be
    surprised if they have what you are looking for. (How many coin shops do you
    go into where you have multiple pre-1800 uncirculated dollars in PCGS slabs to
    look at?) (And if I had a spare $180,000, I would have bought one of them! image )
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options

<< <i>I have been to Saraha Coins once. They had a great inventory, so I would not be
    surprised if they have what you are looking for. (How many coin shops do you
    go into where you have multiple pre-1800 uncirculated dollars in PCGS slabs to
    look at?) (And if I had a spare $180,000, I would have bought one of them! image ) >>

Ah, great. My mom just got directions from some person selling coins at vegas. I looked under the "wholeshale and supplies" part, and there were like 13 other shops. I called this one guy, who happened to be in las vegas, and he said he didn't have a coin shop, he sold coins at his home. He obviously lived in las vegas and also mentioned that sahara coins was the best. He even gave my mom directions.

I was just confused because xpipe said they didn't have what I was looking for. I went to their site and looked up the inventory part and it showed they had nothing! I guess their site needs to be fixed.

PS: a $180K coin? Damn, they must have guards in that store! image Oh, and really, Im' looking for any certified gold coin. If I like it, I'll buy it. Or if I find a raw coin I like, I'll buy that too. I'm expecting they have at least some gold coins. I can't wait to talk to the staff there, its going to be so fun talking to the former PCGS person. I remember going to a coin store recently in morongo valley (5 minutes from Yucca valley) and the guy there was so friendly. He had a NGC 1/10 oz. gold coin in like MS-64 for like $130. He didn't know I was a hard core collector, and he told me that the coins price was so high because of its colletors rarity. I purchased a .999 round buffalo silver 1 oz, and he even gave me a free discount.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file