Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

HONEST Dealer in Austin, Texas Area??

I received an email from a women who's husband passed away and left her 22 Morgan dollars 21 are O mint and one is P mint, her husband was a banker and his father was also a banker. She was wondering if she should have them graded before trying to sell them. There is no doubt she should but she wants to know how to go about it, I think submitting them thru a dealer (who can check to make sure they are what she believes they are) is the best way to go instead of having her try to submit them herself. She lives in Austin, Texas so finding an HONEST dealer who will not try to scam her is the next task, anyone know of an HONEST dealer in the Austin area I could send her to? Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    There are several in the yellow pages and all are good. Her best bet would be to send them into PCGS or NGC on her own then sell them to a dealer.

The TNA is having its big show May 13th to the 16th in Ft. Worth with over 195 dealers.

TBT
    Austin, TX
  • Options

<< <i>She lives in Austin, Texas so finding an HONEST dealer >>

.......................is impossible!! There are none in Texas! imageimage

Michael
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry Spence is an old-timer and a good guy. 512-454-3003. The folks at McBrides are also pleasant, low-key, friendly and honest. 512-472-8330.

There are a number of Coin Boarders in the area, and number of whom I'm sure would be willing to help. I'd be happy to hold her hand through the process and help her get good assistance along the way. If she's interested, I'll PM you my tel number.

David
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178

<< <i>.......................is impossible!! There are none in Texas! >>

Het Fratt................

• Options
    Bryan at Village Coin is an honest and experienced dealer.
  • Options
    RotatedRainbowsRotatedRainbows Posts: 2,085 ✭✭

<< <i>There are several in the yellow pages and all are good. Her best bet would be to send them into PCGS or NGC on her own then sell them to a dealer.

The TNA is having its big show May 13th to the 16th in Ft. Worth with over 195 dealers.

TBT
    Austin, TX >>

She admits that she knows nothing about coins so I do not think it would be a good idea to just tell her to send them in herself since they may be low grade or cleaned and not be worth having graded.

dpoole Thanks for the offer, I have sent you an email instead of a PM.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file