Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Setting the grand daughter loose!!!

On Saturday, there is a nice sized coin show in Lancaster, PA. My grand daughter Sara and I will be attending.

Sara has shown a great interest in coin collecting! She takes all of my old Coin World issues home to read.

Therefore, she will be set loose on the bourse floor by herself, with $50 cash. She will be given a list of what to look for as well as a fair price to pay, as well as detailed pics of nice Cameo examples of coins she may find.

I will post pics of her finds either Saturday, or Sunday at the latest. I personally believe this girl will put some of us to shame. We'll see!..
.....Ken

Comments

• Options
    How old is she ?

I bet she is going to have a blast !!
    You should video or take pics of her as she ponders her next treasure.

• Options
    i hope she gives the "junk boxes" a look. You can come home with a BUNDLE of neat old treasures from
    some of those boxes.
  • Options
    Sara is 14 years old. She will do good. Anything that she finds worth slabbing will be slabbed for her also.....Ken
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Let that little HepKitty go!!!!

She'll handle all those grumpy dealers!!!!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Should be fun to see what she finds.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Can't wait to see what she buys image Just curious... did you put Sample Slabs on the "No-No" list ??
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    The only thing on her list is Proof and Special Mint Sets 1964/1972. That should keep her busy and also create a good challenge!!!
  • Options
    GTOsterGTOster Posts: 860 ✭✭✭
    Ken
    where in Lancaster is the show I'm here in Horsham and will need a weekend fix
    Thanks
    Paul
  • Options
    GTOster, it's at the Farm and Home Center,1383 Arcadia Road.
    Here is a map!..
    ...Starts at 10 AM.....Ken
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    I have met that little girl.She will charm those dealers out of all kinds of stuff.IMHOimage
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    Ken
    Thank you for the map and I will see you there @ 10:00 AM
    I am the guy with the buzz cut
    Thanks
    Paul
  • Options
    Paul, I'll be the handsome old fart with a good looking 14 year old girl.....image
  • Options
    LMAO!!!!
    I ain't so young either Thats why I shave all my hair off so you can't see how grey I am Wife says I need a bottle of Greasen for men but I told her the clippers are faster and cheaper
    Paul
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>Just curious... did you put Sample Slabs on the "No-No" list ?? >>

With what some of them have been bringing, why would he want to do that? image
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a brainstorm........for the show organizers........give all the kiddies raffle tickets and let them distribute these to their favorite dealers as they may.....collect 'em all at the end of show and have a drawing for the "kid's favorite dealer".....give the "favorite dealer" a free table at the next show or some other incentive.......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file