Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

what card was the last one you needed to complete a set?

for me it was 1966 topps #216 and it is still the weakest card in my set.
Money is your ticket to freedom.

Comments

• Options
    If you mean raw sets, then 1969 Baseball #620, Dean Chance. If you mean graded then I'll let you know next year.
  • Options
    Right now I still need a PSA 9 or (preferably) a PSA 10 1982 Fleer #499 Willie Stargell to complete my Stargell Basic set. If someone had told me a year ago that I would have every card in this set in high grade except the '82 Fleer, I would have called that person a fool. Hell, I have 3 PSA 9s and a PSA 10 from the 1960s, you'd think that I'd be able to find this card, even if it cost me some cash. Not one has come up on ebay in the year or so that I've been looking and I haven't had much luck with raw cards. I do have one that I'm sending to PSA this week on a large submission. It won't get a 10, but looks like a nice PSA 9. I ripped open an entire box of 1982 Fleer last week - not one Stargell. Is this card short printed or something? I'm almost embarassed to even post this message. image

JEB.
  • Options
    my last card will undoubtedly be a 1955 Parkhurst Quaker Oats J. Plante. in 2 years of searching, ive seen none come up for sale
  • Options
    About 8 months ago I snatched a Ray Jablonski on ebay to complete my Wilson Frank set. After 15 years of waiting!
  • Options
    pc -

<< <i>1966 topps #216 >>

ZodiacMindwarp -

<< <i>1969 Baseball #620, Dean Chance >>

Goodriddance 189 -

<< <i>1955 Parkhurst Quaker Oats J. Plante >>

interchanges -

<< <i>Wilson Franks Ray Jablonski >>

See why I'm embarassed about my lack of an '82 Fleer! image

JEB.
  • Options
    jeb, i doubt that card is hard to find raw. if i can find a PSA 9 quality one from my raw stuff ill send it to you
  • Options
    Will, unless I have been extremely unlucky with raw cards, I'd beg to differ. I have probably paid more for all of the raw '82 Fleer Stargell cards that I own than a PSA 10 will ever sell for. If you find a nice one, please let me know. I'll be happy to reward you! image

Oh yeah, send some T218s along with it, if you could!

Thanks.

JEB.
  • Options
    1968 Woody Fryman #112

1969 Bill Robinson #313

1975 Cubs team #638

1965 Joe Morgan Rookie #16

Still need the Morgan but have three leads and will have one by next week.

dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    i need # 135 from 68 topps football. just another reason for a skinsfan to hate the giants! image Well i guess it could be worse and be a cowbay card
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭

• Options

<< <i>'36 opc D hockey Turk Broda
    '37 opc Greenberg
    '54 wilson's Ted Williams
    '55 rodeo meats Sppok Jacobs
    '60 Lake to Lake Bruton
    '68 3-d Clemente
    '71 Kelloggs Osteen
    '74 deckles white backs Pete Rose

those are my current and/or recent 'stumpers' >>

Murcerfan,

Now you're just trying to make me look bad! image

JEB.

***Edited because it was a response to Murcerfan.***
  • Options
    [
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    1956 topps grade 6/7 basic set checklist:

30 JACKIE ROBINSON dodger
    90 REDLEGS TEAM no date, name centered
    178 JOE BLACK redleg
    199 HANK THOMPSON giant
    223 RANDY JACKSON dodger
    231 BOB HALE oriole
    302 EDDIE ROBINSON yank
    CHECKLIST 1/3
    CHECKLIST 2/4

these last 9 are going to be killers....

• Options

<< <i>Now you're just trying to make me look bad!

track a few down for me and I'll swear you're the prettiest thing I ever seen image >>

Track down an '82 Fleer Stargell in PSA 10 and I'll swear you're the prettiest th.. , never mind. I would be forever grateful, though. image

JEB.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    61-62 Fleer Wilt Chamberlain in PSA 7

Murcerfan - Cornelius72 on ebay had a 37 OPC Greenberg in PSA 5 that sold recently - did you win it?
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Jeb,

I know how you feel... it took me forever to get my last 1976 Crane Disc in a PSA 10 - Greg Landry. I kept getting 9's and probably bought 40 of them raw just to find the handful I could submit. I bet I paid 30 times what the card is worth in grading fees alone. I think PSA finally threw me a bone after 5 seperate submissions, either that or they just got tired of looking at round cards.

Mike
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Still need a N28 Kelly to finish that set. Just haven't bothered yet, got one raw that is miscut but its kinda a drag to have 9 out of 10 cards in the set graded. Same deal with the T200 St Louis NL

'51 Bowman Mantle and Mays
    '33 Goudey Lajoie
    Haven't sold the requisite kidney for any of those. It'll happen when it happens.

Just picked up a '41 PB Trosky that was the last card I needed for that set, but the upgrading will continue probably forever. Same deal with the '48 Leafs

And for some odd reason I've yet to find a '70 Rold Gold Speaker in PSA 9. Anybody got one?

Stumpers that I finally found?
    '48 Leaf Doby
    '54 Red Heart Snider
    '60 Fleer Grimes
    '63 Barber and Odell.
    Glad to have those behind me.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    My killer last card was the Topps Giant #60 Skowron in 9. Ive upgraded and improved my set since then, but that was the one I NEEDED image and overpaid considerably for it. But I NEEDED it image.

Keith
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    '37 opc Greenberg
    '54 wilson's Ted Williams
    psa 8s or better right ?!?
    so far the tougher cards listed include some mighty big bucks
    and some of you are working really phenomenal sets.
    JEB your stargell is just as tough as everyone else's
    although your chances of success are far greater.
    good luck to all and may the pops stay the same
    AFTER you find that elusive card.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭
    1954 Wilson Weiner Johnny Groth
    1971 Topps Greatest Moments Joe Pepitone
    1964 Topps Stand up Jack Baldshun
    1934 Batter up------not going to reveal this one.. Don't tell anyone PC and Murcer.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭
    Murcer- I got your carpenter right here.
    I am at the office tonight for about six more hours. Call me here if you need me.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
  • Options
    Still need the "Killer of all Kellogg's"

1981 #21 Dave Winfield......Grrrrrrrrr........

(nightmare in 3-D !!!...)

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    1963 Fleer PSA 8 set: #48 Al Jackson, 1999
    1950 Bowman (raw): #13 Ferris Fain, 1998
    1950 Bowman PSA 5/6 set: I'll keep you posted

1973 Topps '53 Reprints (bought the set as a whole and sold it whole last year)
    1951 Topps Red Backs (ditto, 2001)

I've put together a number of sets from the 80s before as well as some recent ones in raw form but I can't remember the 'last' card I needed for those.