Home U.S. Coin Forum

SOMEONE STOLED MY IDENTITY ON EBAY AND?

now they have suspended my account. Why do they do this before personnly talking to me????? Has this happened to any one here? What did you do to get out of the mess? I would love to beat the _hit out of someone, leagally of course.

Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized listings, we have temporarily suspended activity on your account in order to allow us to investigate this matter further. If you believe that this action may have been taken in error, or, if you feel that your account may have been tampered with, please contact our Live Help team so that we can provide additional information and work with you to resolve this issue.

You can reach the Account Theft Live Help team by clicking the "Security Center" link located near the bottom of the eBay.com home page. After clicking "Security Center" link:

1. Click the "Protecting Your eBay Account" link located under the "General Marketplace Safety" heading.
2. When the "Securing Your Account and Reporting Account Theft" window appears, scroll to the middle of the page and click on the button labeled "Live Help."

Once you have clicked on the "Live Help" link, you will be prompted to enter a chat name or email address along with a topic related to your reason for contacting eBay. After you have entered this information, the next available representative will assist you.

In the event that you are unable to contact eBay through Live Help after taking these steps, respond directly to this message to request assistance. We will contact you by email after we have received your response.

Please allow at least 72 hours for an email reply. Emailing us prior to receiving our reply will result in an additional delay. In order to handle your concern as quickly and efficiently as possible, we encourage you to contact us through Live Help if you are able to do so.

If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of eBay policy to represent oneself as another eBay user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. eBay is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquiries related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
eBay Inc.

We have ended the following auction(s) on your account as they appear to have been listed by a third party without your authorization:
3079106713 Pioneer PDP-4340HD Plasma TV Display

Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If you would like additional information related to this notice, please refer to the eBay Contact Customer Support page at the address provided below and contact us with your concern:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards, Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

Comments

• BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    This recently happened to a buddy of mine. He answered an e-mail from what he thought was ebay and also Paypal. He entered his personal information and they got him. His account was also suspended. Did you by chance answer any e-mails?

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had someone "try" to steal my identity, but I was able stop it when I started receiving e-mails from e-bay confirming my changing of my password - which I hadn't done. But this looks much different. Anyway, the people at e-bay were a great help and got everything straight very promptly. I think they deal with this constantly.
  • Yeah. Someone tried this on me. I reported 'em to Ebay. Don't use any links in the e-mail. Log onto E-bay's site and see if it is true.
  • rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Any time you receive an email wanting you to sign into Ebay thru it, DON'T DO IT!! Forward the email to spoof@ebay.com
  • Every time I try to contact them they prompt me for my password. When I enter it, it comes back as an invalid password. Do they have a toll free number?
  • Ebay # 1-800-322-9266. Good luck.image
    Gary
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to ebay and do a search on your ID by seller and buyer to see what's going on.

Don't know if you use Paypal but if you do you might want to check it as well.

Good luck.
    Larry

• It won't allow my password anymore. It comes back as invalid password. Thanks Gary Beartracks.
    You won't need to log in to do a search.
    Larry

• I'll give it a try thanks Larry idhair
  • BUMMER! Caveat Emptor does not apply to their secure system! I would like to know if it would fit comfortably up their posteriors!image
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • I saw the title and those darned bangos started playing in my head again...
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole email may be a scam. Forward it to the real eBay to confirm.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    IMMEDIATELY change your PayPal and email passwords (If you can).
    eBay is pretty good about straightening it out and getting you back "up and running" again.
    Yahoo was THE PITS!!!image.....Took me a month to convince them I was who I was.
    (I had to set up another email account to keep things going.)
    They didn't get to my PayPal before I changed the password.
    This happened to me and once and it can be a BIG MESS!!

GOOD LUCK!
    Gandyjai
  • I got an email telling me my ebay account had been suspended. Seemed suspicious. I clicked on the link to see where it took me and all it asked for was my password. I immediately sent the email to safe harbor and they wrote back and said the email did not come from them. Moral of the story is never put your password into anything that you didn't initiate.

Ogden
  • MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Every time I try to contact them they prompt me for my password. When I enter it, it comes back as an invalid password. >>

LUCKOFTHEIRISH

His account has already been hacked and his password changed. The email was obviously real.
    LUCKOFTHEIRISH

Give us an update.
    Larry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file