Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How old is everybody in here?

2»

Comments

• Options

Steve,

Thanks for the update and the SPAM image I will check it out tomorrow.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    gotta,

dgf
  • Options
    What is that? A bunch of balls hugging?
  • Options
  • Options
    Turned 30 last month.

Matt
    UK based collector.
  • Options
    1965 Topps
    1975 Topps
    1952 Topps
    HOF
  • Options
    gonna be 36 this year and 2 years from Air Force retirementimage

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    42 . . . why? You wanna buy me a birthday present?
  • Options
    I'm turning 25 in April, so what are you guys goona get me for my birthday?
    Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com
  • Options

KallMaloneSay,

A Dictionary.

I am sure the word gonna is in there. image

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I am almost 30, but no one believes me based on my appearance....Its a double edged sword. While I am not always taken as seriously as I would like, I feel great...image
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    This is a good thread because I was really curious to see what generation my fellow board members were, especially the ones I correspond with the most.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

• Options

<< <i>This is a good thread because I was really curious to see what generation my fellow board members were, especially the ones I correspond with the most. >>

Exactly Deutsch, that is why I started it, but apparently 2323 is far too disturbed by the question. I wonder why?
  • Options
    Gottabuyit,

You are new here, and with all new members, for some odd reason, there will be people slamming you, attacking you, making it a little hard, but all this comes with any new member to any new group. Its kind of like an initiation. Its part of human nature. Its a way for group members to test any new individual to see if they are strong and worthy enough to remain (what the criteria for those are vary from group to group). This is so ingrained in the human psyche that most of this is done unconsciously. Look at fraternities, African tribes, the military, a high school football team, or even major league baseball with the way they treat rookies.

Every group has some sort of hazing or iniation rights, whether implicit or explicit. So, please do not take it personally if you feel you are in any way put on the spot or are being attacked. Just continue to be civil and post what you want. I guess having some thick skin in the beginning is useful. I was sensitive to all that was happening on the boards when I first came along, but guys like ydsotter and KallMaloneSay came to my "rescue" and made me feel very welcome and empathized with me. I think they might have been the first members that saw my value to the boards and continued to support me and the rest of the members gradually followed.

BKAH is a veteran member as you can see under his icon. He has been around for a long time. I have learned that he is a funny guy and an honest seller on ebay and I am sure he has grown to accept me and my contributions to this board. The longer standing board members are the hardest to impress at first, so give it time and continue to post whatever you feel is relevent and just have fun.

• Options
    gottasmokeit- Shut up dork!image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I spell like im 5 though!
  • Options
    Thanks Deutsch,
    It annoys me when grown men do this because you have to be pretty insecure to try to put someone else down. It doesn't hurt me. Nothing the losers can say can hurt me. When you've watched someone die in front of you, you realize what life is about. People like 2323 have no clue. He obviously has a horrible marriage if he has to come here to put people down. He's only tough because he is hiding behind a computer screen. If he ever tried any of this to my face, he wouldn't be walking any more. I'm the type of person that treats people the way they treat me. You have been very civil and nice to me Deutsch, you will get that and better back from me. I don't treat people badly for no reason. That would make me insane. Another thing that bothers me is people like NickM murcerfan good riddance and jr macdaddy saying that I have been stealing from people on ebay. They say I have had 50 different accounts suspended. That is ridiculous. You do need a credit card and checking account to sell on ebay. If I had the money and credit to have 50 crdit cards and bank accounts, I wouldn't need to sell on ebay. These fools are confused. None of them has ever done business with me, yet they claim to know who I am. That sounds a bit crazy, don't you think? I have never done business with any of them, yet they act like they are experts on my "con game" One of the reasons I joined the boards was because a friend of mine let me know what these pinheads were saying about me. I wanted to get to have a chance to defend myself. All their allegations are untrue, they have no evidence, yet they say they are right beyond the shadow of a doubt. That sounds more like a communist Chinese prison system. Guilty, with no evidence, and we don't want to hear why you think you are innocent. I could talk about it forever, but it won't do any good, so I won't waste my time on it anymore. Anyway, thanks for your support Deutsch

<< <i>Gottabuyit,

You are new here, and with all new members, for some odd reason, there will be people slamming you, attacking you, making it a little hard, but all this comes with any new member to any new group. Its kind of like an initiation. Its part of human nature. Its a way for group members to test any new individual to see if they are strong and worthy enough to remain (what the criteria for those are vary from group to group). This is so ingrained in the human psyche that most of this is done unconsciously. Look at fraternities, African tribes, the military, a high school football team, or even major league baseball with the way they treat rookies.

Every group has some sort of hazing or iniation rights, whether implicit or explicit. So, please do not take it personally if you feel you are in any way put on the spot or are being attacked. Just continue to be civil and post what you want. I guess having some thick skin in the beginning is useful. I was sensitive to all that was happening on the boards when I first came along, but guys like ydsotter and KallMaloneSay came to my "rescue" and made me feel very welcome and empathized with me. I think they might have been the first members that saw my value to the boards and continued to support me and the rest of the members gradually followed.

BKAH is a veteran member as you can see under his icon. He has been around for a long time. I have learned that he is a funny guy and an honest seller on ebay and I am sure he has grown to accept me and my contributions to this board. The longer standing board members are the hardest to impress at first, so give it time and continue to post whatever you feel is relevent and just have fun. >>

• Options
    My marriage is great dork, and if I ever saw you in real life, believe me, it wouldn't be me that wouldn't be walking. You started this crap, and I'm just letting you know right now little man, I'm like the message board terminator, i'm not gonna stop until you do. You say one more thing about me or my wife you piece of crap, and I'll just keep on you for every single post you make, which is averaging about 30 a day you no life freak!image
  • Options
    If I could do this in PM's I would, but obviously you have something to hide. MORON!
  • Options
    2323 I think your wife is a thespian.
  • Options
    This is post #14000 by me today 2323.
  • Options
    14001 now
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Yo.
    Mr. gottarespondtoeverysiglepostevenifIdon'tknowanythingaboutitnow
    OR....... whoever you are this week.
    You have come onto these boards (out of the clear blue by your account) and slandered me on a few threads.
    show me exactly where I made this claim that you were stealing off e-bay.
    The only person you are fooling is our young german friend.
    For my money you are biggest donkey to come around since your buddy CoolassLuke

edited to remove a reference that was NOT meant to point towards my buddy BCD (caramels).

edited again to ask: how's that knitting coming along anyways image
  • Options
    [slandered me on a few threads.

You have no clue what the word slander means do you?
  • Options
    no professor........... not the way you do anyways

• Options
    Tell me what you think it means cheesboy.
  • Options
    that's cheese-boy to you fella
  • Options
    So you don't know what it means cheesegirl?
  • Options
    And why are you two bothering Deutsch? He didn't do anything to you. You're calling him stupid because he is a nice person. Wow, I am glad I'm not in your world. Anyway, I'm done responding to you Viqueen 2323 and murcerflinflan
  • Options
    So just what world are you in?
  • Options
    By the way, slander, is when you say false things about someone. What you were trying to say was that I was I commiting libel, written false things, and you have said things like that about me in these posts.
  • Options

<< <i>So just what world are you in? >>

I'm on earth laughing boy, where are you? Last post to you sweetie.
  • Options
    Thats like the fifth time you said that.
  • Options

<< <i>By the way, slander, is when you say false things about someone. What you were trying to say was that I was I commiting libel, written false things, and you have said things like that about me in these posts. >>

I would NEVER say that you were you.
  • Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
  • Options

ZodiacMindwarp,

You were probably right on the money with my messed up formula.Did you refigure with my updated formula? I am 45.

Vic