Comments

• Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Your pictures don't work on my end? mike
  • Options
    Cool, I've uploaded them to here now.
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Wow! A morgan that has less marks on the obverse than the reverse although this might have something to do with the reverse being proof like. I would say the coin should grade around 65. mike image
  • Options
    is that a die crack on the obverse from 3 o'clock to 7 o'clock running thru the stars?
    Looks a bit worn on the eagles breast and marks on the face...I'd go for a 63 or 64.

definately a good looking coin. image great buy!
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    64 I think.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm 64.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    When I'm 64. .......many years agoooooooo

What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    CCs get a brake. I'd say 64 easily.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    VeepVeep Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭✭
    "Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"
  • Options
    slothman2000slothman2000 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭
    The coin is real nice, the thumbnail is a solid fine tho.
  • Options
    DrWhoDrWho Posts: 562 ✭✭
    I believe the die crack is VAM 2. I have one like it. Doubled 1 in date, I believe, is another diagnostic.
  • Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice and shiny...65obv, 63rev, net 64image
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭

That's a great coin. 1884-CC is one of my favourites Morgans, altough I don't own one.

Congrats!!!!

Dennis
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    BTW my guess is an high ms64 or a low ms65
  • Options
    ANA Member R-213302
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Very nice.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
  • Options
    So you guys think 64 huh? That's pretty cool, I paid $165 for it. image
  • Options
    Nice coin Sphinx! I would have said 63, but as others have said there may be a bump for CC - I personally do not know. I am working on getting my first cc here as the funds become available. If you send it in for grading be sure to post the results! image
    SNIKT!
    You are doing well, subject 15837. You are a good person.
  • Options
    nepbrs44nepbrs44 Posts: 600 ✭✭
    63........strech 64
    Bill.

Bust Half & FSB Merc Collector
  • Options
    MetaMeta Posts: 62 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice coin Sphinx! I would have said 63, but as others have said there may be a bump for CC - I personally do not know. I am working on getting my first cc here as the funds become available. If you send it in for grading be sure to post the results! image >>

I'm still more than a bit confused by the practice of giving certain coins higher grades than they technically deserve. CC or no CC, a coin should be graded the same as any other. Just my thoughts.......nice coin though!!!!!
  • Options
    CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    Easily a 64--very clean cheek; just one noticable mark on the face.

For the guys who think this is a 63, I'd gladly pay 63 money for your better date 63's that look like this.

CG
  • Options
    TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    I'll go 64 also..

nice coin and congrats.

Tom
  • Options
    Nice CC Morgan, congratulations! Good luster and strike. I'd say a strong MS64. This was my very first CC Morgan about 4 years ago in PCGS MS64.
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • Options
    After clicking on dollardude's registry set in his sig I'm rather surprised that this coin is fetching $200+ when there are almost 10,000 of them slabbed.
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Nice fields & luster, I think you made a solid purchase.

tough to tell with the glare on the cheek, but I'll say strong 64 at pcgs. MS65 at anacs.
  • Options
    I might get it slabbed, but it's like what $30 at PCGS plus the registered mail both ways? How about NGC?
  • Options
    << After clicking on dollardude's registry set in his sig I'm rather surprised that this coin is fetching $200+ when there are almost 10,000 of them slabbed. >>

I wondered about this myself. My theory is that there are more Morgan CC collectors than there are Morgan collectors.

When I finally found an 1885-CC I could afford, I bought it raw at a show 2 years ago for $260. I just got her slabbed PCGS MS61. The population is 173, with a whopping 11,372 higher, yet she is still probably now worth $400-$500 or so. This just doesn't make sense.
    imageimage
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    I think it's very nice, and probably at least 63.

Cool die crack!
  • Options
    How much did you get that 1893-S for?
  • Options
    I am very proud of my 1893-S. I got her last year by doing some horse trading with Wade Moore, a dealer from Selmer, TN. I purchased her in a PCI G04 holder, thinking she was only AG03, for $175 cash plus about $400 in coins (appreciated from about $250). I personally sent her in to be regraded by PCGS as AG03. This was my best deal of 2003. Wade Moore is a retired farmer who does mostly shows (no internet), and can find just about anything you're looking for. He's a fine man that brings his wife and grandson with him to shows. I also got my 1889-CC from him raw, which I personally sent in to be graded PCGS AG03. He may be close to retirement from the coin business, but I suspect his grandson will take over (he's grooming him for the job).
    imageimage
  • Options
    Very nice coins even in AG grade, well worth the money. My dealer has an 1889CC in G-VG for $365, I see that as a pretty good deal, but it's a little bit out of my range. I could get it, but I dunno it's a little much.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file