Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold shooting through the roof (you guys happy or upset)

Good time to put some paper in return for some old gold coinage. Spot at 11:20 pm EST was
417.10 on the bid side.

www.gold.org

Can some expert shed light on the near term next 3 months trend ?

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to the boards, Gold is up up and away. I too have a problem buying Gaudens, I cannot stop.
    Michael
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a move into the $430 range in the short term, possibly farther, then a small correction. Don't see us getting to $450 in 3 months, but then not back to $400 either.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    not an expert - but look at last 15 month history

will probably do similar to 12 months ago but +$100 higher

peak around Jan 20 - slide back down below $400
  • Options
    > Welcome to the boards, Gold is up up and away. I too have a problem buying Gaudens, I cannot stop.

Thanks image

> a move into the $430 range in the short term, possibly farther, then a small correction.
    > Don't see us getting to $450 in 3 months, but then not back to $400 either.

Gains locked you mean image

Russ thanks for the link.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    gold GOLD!! that magic word

you will see it move much higher
    and also this is for me the bottom of the market for gold

i like sexy looking coins that are close to gem or better
    and large well the larger the better

that are becoming more numismatic everyday
    they are better than bullion me thinks
    and certified and with significant eye APPEAL

but say for instance you get a gem lusterous gold dollar that has great eye appeal then this coin is GREAT TO BUY TOO

I THINK ms64 saints ngc and pcgs are great buys and coins that have great eye appeal and no spots coins thAT ARE solid ms64 and without significant roll friction

michael
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    It will get up to $435.24 on 1/28/04 at 12:45 PM EST. That's my prediction and i'm sticking to it.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    I don't like it... it's gonna make it hard to get my gold type pieces for my Type set... That is if it shoots through the roof. image
    ~Richard Dorrance
  • Options
    Gold is going higher....MUCH HIGHER!

With the dollar dropping like a bomb on currency markets(especially against the Euro), together with the artificially low rates of interest currently being offered by the Fed........foreigners have no long term interest in holding depreciating "dollars". They're actually losing money when converting into their own currencies! The world reserve currency is fast shifting to the Euro, with more than one country seeking to be paid in euros for oil supplies. This is only the beginning of a huge mess, and one Americans are ill-informed about. Gold's move in the last year has had practically NO mention in any media stories. Go figure!

Gold is fast becomming the world "currency" of choice. China has just opened up free gold trade to their citizens, and countries such as Japan have DRASTICALLY curtailed the purchase of our treasuries. This HAD been funding our huge trade inbalances....but no longer! We NEED sales of $2 Billion of these PER DAY to fund our deficits, and sales have stopped on a dime!

Gold will breach $500 in short order (3-6 months), and when it picks up steam could easily bring $1,500 to $2,500 in a few years. Don't believe it.....well......the 1980 high of around $860 per ounce if priced in our current depreciated dollars, would be somewhere around $3,400 per ounce as i recall reading recently.

......GOT GOLD?
    joejeweler
    The Ex-"Crown Jewel" of my collection! 1915 PF68 (NGC) Barber Half "Eliasberg".

Once again resides with Legend, the original purchaser "raw" at live Eliasberg auction. Laura and i "love" the same lady!

• Options
    I came here almost 3 years ago telling everyone to buy Gold!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we have a little gold

do you feel lucky?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

sweet!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    I gotta get to my SDB and take some pictures! I also want to build one of those WTC like Russ, Im curious to see what a 200+ Slab Tower looks like, sounds like fun!
  • Options
    Silver back above $6, up .22, thats almost 4%! Its a better play if dont mined the storage costs!
  • Options

Gold has crossed 420.xx climbing.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Overall, I'm happy. I broke even basically on selling my four double eagles. 2 I made nice profit on, 2 I made nice loss on. But when I sell my next 5 pieces, I expect to make a small profit.
  • Options
    zennyzenny Posts: 1,549
    I'm not sure the ceiling's even in sight yet, let alone the roof......
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    The price move is great! Price is now $424.20.

• Options
    Still a long way to go

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have wonder whether the international turmoil caused by the latest happenings on the terrorist front isn't causing this upward leap in precious metals. The amount of money being spent on "security" measures must be astounding. In spite of this, there is no end to the terror war in sight. The terrorists seem to be winning with nothing more than a few expendable suicide bombers and some cheap audiocassette messages.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

<< <i>I have wonder whether the international turmoil caused by the latest happenings on the terrorist front isn't causing this upward leap in precious metals. >>

The connection is an indirect one. The more direct impact on gold prices is the underlying economic strength/weakness and potential inflation.
  • Options
    Terror Terror Terror

How lucky they are to have this to take the blame for decades of criminal financial manipulations and mismanagement.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Terror Terror Terror

How lucky they are to have this to take the blame for decades of criminal financial manipulations and mismanagement. >>

Exactly. The dollar should have drifted a little lower all through the '90's as gold
    drifted up. Instead they artificially manipulated currency and the economy which
    manifested itself in the stock market bubble. Now there will be dislocations and
    economic pain for many as the economy adjusts to market and technological forces.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold three 1 oz. American Gold Eagles and 2 PCGS-63 Saints today for a nice profit. image
  • Options

<< <i>I sold three 1 oz. American Gold Eagles and 2 PCGS-63 Saints today for a nice profit. image >>

WHY?

Unless you are geting moon money, please PM me the next time you want to take a "nice profit".

Not really interested in slabs, but raw moderns..........mmmmm good.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options

Gold 429 and climbing.

www.gold.org
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    gold GOLD!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file