Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT: Digital Camcorders

OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm in the market for one. I wanted to find out from the forum members which ones under $500.00 are the better performers. I was looking at the Panasonic 203 but the reviews are terrible. Here's my criteria:

Palm sized
SD memory card slot
Built-in light

All opinions appreciated.

Cheers,

Bob

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Sony series. I have a TRV17 I believe it is. Uses the little cassettes.
    I don't know the current models, but the Sonys are good and they do have some that go under $500 right now from what I have seen (mine was ~$800 when I got it 2 years ago)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    We just bought a panasonic 252 on Ebay. It was an open box special from Ritz Camera. We paid $305+$12 shipping. I seems like we got a great deal.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    morganbarber:

Have you used it? Does it suit your needs?
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    We are just getting accustomed to using it. We have not editted or printed still photos yet. It is everything we had hoped for, but much smaller and lighter than we had expected.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    TTT...for the night crowd image
  • Options
    I have the panasonic 201, I like it. It does a good job on movies and a passable job on stills for, not as good as a dig still camera but good enough for web use and say 4x6 prints. Here is a pic I took with it.

DAN
    United States Air Force Retired And Would Do It Again.

My first tassa slap 3/3/04

My shiny cents

imageThe half I am getting rid of and me, forever and always Taken in about 1959

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file