Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Opinions On This 94-S Morgan, Please

I can buy this for $600.00, seems high for a 62. Any opinions?

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."

Comments

• Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    bluesheet is $448 in ms62 so $600 retail does not seem too bad for a nice coin. mike
  • Options
    Good dates like that are going for hot hot money right now. If you have to get it go for it - it seems like a nice coin, but remember that you're buying it at the height of a very hot market, especially for key dates - if you can afford to wait and/or don't need that particular date, doing so may save you a few bucks in a few months.
  • Options
    RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Greysheet bid is about $600 this week.

That's figuring an average from the MS-60 ($395) to MS-63 ($705) values. It may not be too bad a deal after all.
  • Options
    seems like pirces have gone sky high in a very short time.

I can live without it, however, I haven't seen one I would buy in months.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    If you didn't buy it and another one didn't come along after awhile, do you think you'd regret it?
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the risk of being a cynical wisea$$ if you have not seen one that you would want to own why are you looking at the 62 grade? Surely the one or two that PCGS severely undergraded are going to be next to impossible to find.
  • Options
    bajjer:

I'm not nearly good enough at this to find an undergraded coin for a crackout and score. I am looking for a nice ms 1894s somewhere up to 63. I don't have a need to have a higher grade or a dmpl, just a nice white coin that hasn't been on a polishing wheel with the appearance that appeals to me. Doesn't need to be monster toned, or slightly toned for that matter.

Haven't really seen any, other than raw ones on ebay, or grades that would be a waste of money for me.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how many you have actually seen in this grade; the tone of your post suggests that you have looked at lots of them and found nothing suitable, hence my comment. The pic you posted seems to be from a scanner so my guess is that the coin is probably a lot nicer than it appears to be.
  • Options
    Frank...tough call. I'd say go for it. Tough coin to find in solid UNC. Price is decent, and it may be a while before another comes along that catches your eye. (Try finding a good 04-P for example)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file