Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1894 Morgan Dollar - Value?

don't have a pic, however, a nice AU50 1894 Morgan.

any input regarding current price appreciated.
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    My Greysheet is a bit outdated, but it has $600/$650 in AU.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarasota frank,

Oct 31, 03 sheet has 900/1000 bid ask in Au. This coin has been moving quite rapidly in price, sheet is now gettin up where it should have been. This is a tougher coin to find nice than people give it credit for.

Last month I passed on a awsome PCGS-55 for 1000.00, should have grabbed it just to resell!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This coin has been moving quite rapidly in price >>

Damn! I'd say so. My sheet is only a couple months old.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Check out the mintmark area real good. The 94-P is often an altered 94-O with the O removed.
    This issue was struck with only 2 pairs of dies so attributing them is usually easy.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Dog97, I totally agree. I would only buy this date certified, unless you are absolutely positive that you can attribute the correct die marks. It is too easy to counterfeit. I bought one last year in PCGS G04 for $280. A dealer at the Chattanooga show last weekend told me she is worth around $400 now in Good. The 1894 Morgan has the second smallest mintage, and has been a sleeper until now.

Edited to Add: I just checked eBay, and the last raw AU that sold was for $680. However, she looked about VF+ to me.

Edited to Add: I checked again, and the next raw AU before this one sold for $630. However, she looked XF to me, cleaned, and retoned, for a net grade of about VF.
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • Options
    thanks for the information. 18 months ago, it was $400 or so.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file