Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Shouldn't this card be qualified?

from this ebay auction...

I have never seen a RM with this issue. Either its a vertical PD extending the length of the card, or the card/image to the right of Murray on the sheet is showing up (MC or OC at best).

Anyone have any idea how this card didn't get qualified? Has anyone else seen a similar RM slabbed? If so, was it graded NQ?

I always assumed PSA judged centering by the tab vertical bars closest to each edge. If this truly is a NQ, then were is the centering judged?

And I am sure the print defect/other card issue is the reason both right corners appear as such in the scan... image
Where have you gone Dave Vargha
CU turns its lonely eyes to you
What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
hey hey hey

Comments

• Options
    Goodness...one would think that this would get a PD qualifier. That blue line sure looks like a defect to me.
  • Options
    Brian,
    Not only that, but check out the chipping on the bottom left of the tab and that soft top right corner. How did that card get an 8? Oh, the dealers are volume submitters......
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    That is probably the worst PSA 8 card I have ever seen. How the heck did that make it out the door? Bad right corner, the possible PD at worst, OC at best, and what is up with the white area down in the tab (around the black lines)? That is awful.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Yep that is Fugly. I am not so sure that there is a conspiracy to give beneficial grades to larger submitters as much as a failure in the grading room. If this were a Pepsi Factory I would think that 1 in every 10 cans of soda would have a piece of rat at the bottom of the can. This is an example of under-qualified workers on the line and poor quality control not being able to catch the errors—corner cutting. Or it is possible that PSA has loosened their standards due to pressure from the competition.

• Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Looks like it will hit SMR which is 200 (just went up recently). Market is generally 275-325 depending on population and who needs what cards. Population is 3 which is right at the tipping point... There are more than a couple of strong, new bidders to RM.

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    I guess no one is grading Red Man cards accurately these days...
    From this auction...

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Hey... How did I miss this thread? The Dickson is bad but still funny to see how a new holder
    buyer paid whatever it took for the GPA jump. dbj77, right on with your comments! I got a
    Psa 6 that blows that 8 away.

The Harshman is the worst red man card I've ever seen. I can't believe Sgc graded that an
    84. That is terrible. The grader must of had a blindfold on when he graded that. Either that
    or they were out on a smoke break and had to borrow Rezza to grade that card.

I find this comment funny from the seller:

<< <i>CARD IS FRESHLY GRADED BY SGC AS 84 NM 7 BUT LOOKS BETTER THAN THIS GRADE >>

He can't be serious...

But remember guys buy the card and not the holder... problem if you follow that rule it is
    harder to move up the ranks on the set registries...

aconte
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    I have no redman's in my collection and the only time I see them is when everybody here posts about an overgrade. However, I do want to know - are these cards that difficult to grade? and how do you grade the centering? When I look at the PSA 8 I see the blue line on the right edge and the not so perfect top right corner but how are these flaws graded? I see very little wrong with the SGC 84 except that the cut seems to be a little off and the writing touches the bottom border but how should it look?
  • Options
    srs1asrs1a Posts: 398
    try looking here

1952's

or here

1955's

Some very nice cards in there!
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    That guy's Nellie Fox is a knockout. So's the Pee Wee. Wow.