Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Who here gets a lot of cards graded? Need some input.

I recently received a card that I am considering getting graded. I've never actually sent a card in myself so I'm not really certain what kind of a grade it will pull. Is there someone here who wouldn't mind checking a scan and giving me some input? If so, just send me your email addy and I'll forward the scan. If you could manage to post it here for me, I would truely appreciate it so that I may get others input as well. It's a 86-87 OPC Patrick Roy rookie, and one of the best I have seen. There's a very light smudge of some sort on the bottom and the centering is a little off from top to bottom (65/35'ish), but all else looks great. Thanks in advance.

Zack

Comments

• Options
    if you have access to a jeweler's eye/magnification tool, that will help you immensely...often minor creases/other surface issues aren't noticeable to the naked eye. also, check out beckett's breakdown for grading cards in beckett mag...it's been awhile since i've looked, but they give you tips about what constitutes a PSA 10/BGS 9.5 (I believe centering has to be 90/10), PSA 9/BGS 9, etc.
  • Options
    Zack Zack Zack,
    You should see mine. I am also thinking of getting it graded... but stupid PSA didnt show up to the card show this weekend... so i guess i will have to send it away. I checked mine with a magnifying glass... and it looks great. Just has one slightly soft corner, and the centering is dead on. My concern is that it might be fake :-( Anyways... i am sending it off to PSA tomorrow.
  • Options
    Always hard to tell with fakes. Well with this one, the corners are "nuts on" perfect and the borders are perfect cuts. As I said, aside from the slight mis-centering from top to bottom which is still very close and a small smuge, I don't see jack wrong. My guess is a strong 8, but was hoping maybe a 9...