Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone paying attention to gold today?

It's at $386.80 right now. Do you think a break in the $400 barrier is in the near future?

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm much more impressed when gold is up and the dollar is up.

The price of gold is barely increasing in Swiss francs or euros.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    To tell you the truth, doesnt seem like a very good move today considering how badly the Dollar dropped!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    Euro down 2 cents at .8700 and stock market in the tank today. Same thing happens every time in these conditions.
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    No, I haven't been paying attention. I have one or two gold coins I think I will sell if gold goes over $400.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Euro down 2 cents at .8700

Funny, my screen shows the euro at $1.14926.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    I do think it will break the 400 dollar barrier in the near future. Pre 33 mint state gold coins are selling for almost double what they were a year ago, at least in the twenty libs in 64 and the Saints in 64 are thirty percent higher than a year ago. I dont think it is wise to fight a rising market. If you dont like gold coins, just say so. But to sit here and argue about the price of gold when it has risen from 250 an ounce to almost 400 an ounce in a year is foolish, IMHO.
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options

<< <i>Euro down 2 cents at .8700

Funny, my screen shows the euro at $1.14926. >>

that would be the inverse... jz
  • Options
    No matter what we all know the limits of our incomes and I know that we are not all millionares here. If the dollar becomes too weak, then we will not be able to afford to collect as hardcore as we do.

That does not only cramp us as collectors, but it will also hurt PCGS in the long-term..... We have to be willing and financally able to buy coins before PCGS can slab them.

This bull market is not like others in the past. Anyone with a sharp eye and a good memory can see that at any coin show.

Currently we are all fine and are enjoying this market for the most part. But with the way prices keep climbing, we can sell all we want and then by the time we find the rare coin we want, we may not be able to afford it.

So what do we do? Sell PF69DC state quarters? What good does that do if the dollar becomes weak? Makes me nervous.
    Alexandria Collection

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. - Proverbs 25:24
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently we are all fine and are enjoying this market for the most part. But with the way prices keep climbing, we can sell all we want and then by the time we find the rare coin we want, we may not be able to afford it.

substitute "house" for "rare coin" and you have a snapshot of the housing market:
    I'm glad my condo is going up in value, but the kind of house I want to buy is also going up, and faster!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If coin prices go up too high, they will certainly fall sharply once again. You may have to sit out the market for a few years but you'll be able to buy back the same coins you once loved, for far less $$.

I'll stick out my neck. Gold will likely hit the $400 this week or next.
    I figure it's better than 50/50. We are very early in the emerging
    bull market for gold. The cards are all lined up. Wait until JQ Public finally decides to jump in a year or so from now.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Since I don't really need the money right now, I won't sell my gold coins.
    Also , since I don't need the money right now, I won't sell my stocks.

If the prices go much higher I won't be able to afford to buy ,but since
    there's bound to be a "correction" I'll bide my time and wait till gold is
    back to the level I was comfortable buying. Around $335./oz
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be a strong correction eventually, but not to the $335 level anytime soon. If that occurs, then the gold bull will go bust.
    A correction to the $355-375 range would make more sense if gold barely touches $400. A close higher than that will likely see gold in the upper $300's or $400's for a long time to come.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    $400 by the end of october is my guess.
  • Options

<< <i>$400 by the end of october is my guess. >>

$410 to $425 by New Year's Day. Just my semi-educated guess.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    It's at $386.80 right now. Do you think a break in the $400 barrier is in the near future?

Baring any geopolitical event, yes. Probably by February.

Factor in any of the world's hot spots {n Korea, Afghan, Iraq, Israel, Saudi, Indonesia, India, etc. etc.} and a major event and you'll gold move 10% in a week or two.

Time to sell is when more dealer explain why it's such a great investment, AFTER it's gone up 60-80%!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file