Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I spent some time at the coinshop today.

I know that some of you don't want to hear about a coin which is less than MS. Please stop reading. Thanks. I went to the coinshop today. I needed cash and had two Morgans to sell. I managed to leave with: Fifty Dollars Cash, an 1892-O Morgan in AU55( It's raw, it's pretty, but no where near MS, I needed the date), 1913 Barber Half(Technically, may be G6, but I'm calling VG. proper toning for a low grade Barber.) 1912-D, and 1900 Barber halves in F, and a 1945 Merc. which I bought as a cheap Unc. but now think was whizzed. All in all, a fun and productive day.
I collect circulated U.S. silver

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoorah for circulated type stuff!!! image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Any Barber half above VG is a find ... nice trip!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say hooray for circ Type, too! image

I've long kicked around the idea of doing a circ Barber half set in G6 to F12.

Uncs are great if you can afford 'em or find 'em, but they certainly aren't the only game in town!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    I love surfing the rift between VG and F Barber halves.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭
    I guess the question stands--which two morgans did you use to broker this deal?

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rift between VG and F in Barbers certainly seems to be where the big price leap occurs, at least in the circulated stuff. I was in the shop of this area's only other dealer the other day, and we were discussing this. He had mentioned wanting to do sets of "high-end VG" Barbers, and not just the halves, either. And this is a guy who has the resources to collect all three denominations in UNC, if he wanted to (with the possible exception of the '94-S dime). Sometimes it seems to me that the challenge of putting together a nicely-matched circ set would be almost as difficult, but infinitely more fun.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    mojoriznmojorizn Posts: 1,380
    Well, I've been kicking around the idea of starting a circulated set of Barber dimes and have always thought they looked great in F to VF. This thread is the final straw. It sounds like I'm not the only one that enjoys honest wear on a coin.

Not that I'm going to abandon my MS Buffalos!

Mojo
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file