Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I’m in South Orange County California. How about you?

I know a few of you have mentioned where you are from, anyone else care to say?

I’ve been to the Long Beach show a couple of times but I haven’t been for a few years. Anyone going to the next one? I’m going to go, maybe I’ll get to meet one or two of you. Does anyone have a table there? I’d also like to know if there are any other shows in our area. I’ve been to one in Buena Park a long time ago too. It was small but still okay.

Have a great 4th, image

Thadd

Thadd...
Novice collector, occasionally selling some coins on eBay. Click HERE to see all my auctions.

Comments

• Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    Where's the big map? That shows where everyone is from.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Okay, well that’s pretty cool but not very sociable.

I can take a hint.

Thadd...
    Novice collector, occasionally selling some coins on eBay. Click HERE to see all my auctions.
  • Options
    JJacksJJacks Posts: 759

Thadd,

I am from North Orange County. I won't name any here because I will let them tell you themselves, but I know there are quite a few members on this board from Orange County/L.A. and San Diego Co. as well. I have met probably 10-15 members who are from this area.

The Long Beach show is nice for finding all kinds of coins. Many people on this board enjoy the Anaheim show, which is smaller then the Buena Park show, but you can park for free, get in for free, and talk to other board members often!

As you seem to be fairly new here, welcome to the boards!

JJacks
    Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • Options
    RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    Westside of LA County. I have table 651 at LB. Stop by, Thadd. Are you going to ANA? Also, the Santa Clara show is worth a visit.
  • Options
    LouisLouis Posts: 3,687
    Texas Gulf Coast...It's HOT here this time of year.image

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    South Orange County too!...we only have Long Beach...one of the biggest shows in the country...at least it's three times a year...See you there!

David Hall
  • Options
    mojoriznmojorizn Posts: 1,380
    Sunny Venice, Florida on the Gulf coast.

Mojo
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    I'm from northern South Orange County... or was it southern North Orange County? I forget.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    CoppernicusCoppernicus Posts: 1,764
    If MastaHanky sees this, I was on the earlier version of his map and now I'm gone! Was it something I said? Or collected?

Mike from Milwaukee, WI
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Was it something I said? Or collected?

No. I doubt that.

He may not have completed his revised map yet.
    Hes also been absent from the boards for some time now.
    Maybe he actually got a life? lol

• Options
    I’m in South Orange County California too, hiding in the bushes
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's South Orange County? Is it East or West of Bakersfield? image

jom
  • Options
    what's Bakersfield?
  • Options
    I'm in Huntington Beach, Home of the Annual 4th of July Riots

one more M80 outside my window, and I 'm getting the gauge...
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Another Orance County member checking in - near Irvine and Tustin.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    I live in Long Beach, less than two miles from the LB Show three times a year. image
  • Options
    Wow, a lot of folks out my way. I’m in Laguna Hills to be more precise. Right at the El Toro Y.
    Thadd...
  • Options
    Man, I feel like an outsider looking in.

Clawson, Michigan.

Don't bother getting a map, you won't find the city, just consider it Metro Detroit.
  • Options
    I'm a little outside also. I'm in Kahului, Maui. Closest show to me is Long Beach. I'd like to make it one of these day's.
    Aloha
    Eugene
  • Options
    nuckleheadnucklehead Posts: 1,500
    Welcome! I'm living in Santa Ana (in the 'Artist Village' area.) You would like the Anaheim coin show,next one is this July 13 and is held at the Embassy Suites Hotel 3100 Frontera St.(91 Frwy at Glassell).Great little show.Times of the show are 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.Come out and introdure yourself to the other board members who attend, would be great to meet you.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Hey all you Orange County guys, why don't you head over to Newport Beach with cattle prods and help the graders grade faster!!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    25 miles north of Orlando Fla.
  • Options
    SDCollectorSDCollector Posts: 886 ✭✭
    I'm from south Orange County too...otherwise known as San Diegoimage. However born and raised in Anaheim when there were still orange trees everywhere.
    Bill
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Just south of Orange County, down the 5 Freeway in Oceanside.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
    San Diego. Going to a coin show tomorrow.
  • Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    Hi Thadd. I'm right smack in the middle of Orange Co. The Anaheim Show is not too far from you and I'd bet you'd like it. Keep an eye open as Nuckelhead will post when the next one's coming up. (He's like the show monitor here) I look forward to meeting you.

Lee
  • Options
    dldallendldallen Posts: 359 ✭✭
    I'm here in the tropical paradise of Brasília, Brazil! Even though MastaHanky's map refuses to acknowledge that fact (says I'm in NY!), in his defense, the APO Zip I use reflects NY but provides mail service to us in this US outpost.

Being I'm where I'm at, I don't get to many shows there in the states, on either coast! One of these times though I'm hoping my official travels will allow me to partake. Take care all! Dave
  • Options
    I'm near the Los Alamitos Air Station. So, I'm close by!!!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm stuck in Southeastern Wisconsin where the weather sucks 11 1/2 months out of the year.

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    Havana, Cuba. The cigar capital of the world.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm from south Orange County too...otherwise known as San Diego >>

HOW DARE YOU ASSOCIATE US SAN DIEGANS WITH ORANGE COUNTY !!!imageimage

San Diego proud !!! We're having our one big annual show this weekend.

The monthly Anaheim show that nucklehead mentioned is also a really nice little show...and you'll always run into some board members.
  • Options
    WoodwindWoodwind Posts: 486
    I'm in Whittier, just on the other side of the LA County line. I usually make every Long Beach show.

Lurking proudly on internet forums since 2001

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file