Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Superior/National auction

The Superior site says bidding begins on 6/30. Has anyone received their auction catalogs?

Comments

• Options
    The catalogs are supposed to be mailed out by the end of this week, per an eariler message. Their web site says that bidding is supposed to start today, but it hasn't been put up yet.

Skycap
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Its up I just viewed the auctions

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    Anything strike your fancy?
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• Options
    none of the images seem to load. is anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    I can't see the card images either.... I am a team collector and am excited by about 9 or 10 items. I've consigned a few items too and have a feeling they're going to do very well.

Skycap
  • Options
    There is no mention that one has to make their first bid on a lot by 10 pm Eastern/7 pm Pacific in order to be able to bid after that time. So I guess you can wait to bid until the item comes up, one by one. Also, it's interesting that they will be using Ebay Live. Their own website will only accept bids "up until 24 hours before the beginning of the Live portion." I've never used Ebay Live; has anyone else?

Skycap
  • Options
    Same propblem. But, if Superior's history holds true they should be nice. I was impressed by the quality of the 52 Topps, and the number of vintage footbal.
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• Options
    dstudebadstudeba Posts: 215 ✭✭
    I called them today because I also saw that bidding started today. The woman on the other end had no idea where I got that information, and said the website was going up on Wednesday.

Oh she also said that anyone who bids on any Wilson Franks lots will be arrested image

----------------

need Wilson Franks

edit : guess I was a little slow....damn meetings that come up in the middle of a post!!
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • Options

<< <i>
    Oh she also said that anyone who bids on any Wilson Franks lots will be arrested image
    >>

Looks like Wilson collectors will have to fight over a single 5.5 Ted Williams card. The picture is not up so I wonder who this card is graded by.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    I expect that it is the sgc card that a guy over in the boston area has tried to unload on e-bay.
    he told me , however, that he bought it at the last shriners show and graded it the following week. could be a different card.
  • Options
    Has anyone had trouble with Superior's pics? Are they up yet?

Thanks
    Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Usually they load the text before loading the pics. Remember to bid heavily and often on the following lot. Repeat after me, "I MUST OWN THIS AT ANY COST!!"

Lot # 699 - 1951 Bowman Card Display Box & Wrapper
  • Options
    How long ago was it up on eBay? What was he asking? The only recent SGC Williams I recall was the one BMW had up that went for $2300-2600.

Collectable
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone recall what the PSA 4 Williams Wilson Franks card ended up at? That was the one that was of NM quality except for a light surface wrinkle (according to the item description).
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Jeff

The PSA 10's in 68 and 69 will get some stump action.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    Pics don't load........
  • Options
    gemint - $2415

1954 Wilson Franks Ted Williams PSA 4

I didn't win it. image

-----------------------

need Wilson Franks

Collectable
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Talk about Mile High Card's grammar in their listings, they must have been in a hurry to make the listing date? They might as well call RED GRANGE the "The Galloping Goose"?

What can possibly be said…..Look at it! There's a reason why "a picture is worth a thousand words". About perfectly centered, this is one outstanding high-grade specimend of this most important issue. The one and only "Galloping Ghose" will forever be the stuff of legend. One of the two or three top gridiron cards in existence. Est. 3000-3500

1933 SPORT KINGS RED GRANGE PSA 8

Grammar mistakes will not stop me from bidding on these auctions either. image
  • Options
    Pics are up ... Nice Auction some interesting pieces including some nice unopened wax... Might have to spend some $'s...
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    That is one handsome looking 1951 Bowman box and wrapper!
  • Options
    gtbeakergtbeaker Posts: 199
    Well, there's only one card up for auction that I can't live without, but unfortunately it's tied up in a lot of '74 Topps Deckle Edge 9's. Really would have liked to see the Bench offered separately, since I can't afford to buy the whole lot. Oh well, that's been my luck lately! If anyone on here is planning on bidding on this lot, but doesn't need the Bench, PLEASE contact me. Thanks- Scott