Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My New 1916 D

Hi All,
Sorry I couldn't at least on or two of you at the Rosemont show like I would have like to. I would have loved to have seen some of your coins in person that have been shown on these boards. When a weekend gets busy it seems like everything falls apart and the things that you wanted to do get put out in left field.

Well I just wanted to post a pick of my first "key" coin. Nothing special to some but to me it made my day. Bought it at a great price to me($265) from a local.

Now here's a question that I have. This person has a Buffalo 1918/7-D in a Anacs VG8 for $1000 bucks. Any opinions on that price? I guess that would be my second "key" coin in a series.

Thanks again all and have a safe and happy 4th!!!!
Tom

Comments

• Options
    UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Great buy on that 16-D.

As for the 18/7, believe it or not, I think that is a good price given the current escalation in price for that coin.

If it is truly VG, I think it is a good price, but not as good as the deal you got on the 16-D.

Joe.
  • Options
    hookooekoohookooekoo Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    $265 sounds like an great price of an ANACS AG-3.

A quick look on eBay shows some recent auctions where this type of coin hammered at $365
  • Options
    wow yes you got a great deal! Those same pieces are going for well over $400 on eBay right now. I just paid over $700 for a 1916-D slabbed by PCGS by G4, just a grade higher.
  • Options
    TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    Thanks for the "great buy" opinions folks. I'm not use to spending that much on a coin except for the GSA's that I have purchased months ago. I guess ever since I got into collecting when I was a kid that was the coin that I always saw on the magazine covers and read about with the Mercury series. Just never thought about buying until recently. The higher grades are far out of my reach. I actually saw the coin a month ago and passed on it. Since that happened it was always on my mind with the feeling of "why didn't you buy it". When I bought it today he mentioned the Buffalo 1918/7-D. Peeked my interest even more on that one. If I bought that Buffalo that would by far be the most I ever sent on a coin. I guess I'm getting into collecting more than I thought.
    Thanks again all!!

Tom
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    You stole the 16-D. You can't get one under $300 on EBAY anymore. A grand is right on the VG 1818/7 coin, if its a solid VG.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    have it graded by acg....wait a few weeks....open up the package...OMG!OMG!MS-70!calm down...WOO!WOO!....bring it to auction....the bidding was closed cuz acg closes it cuz i bidded on it and i go on this forum...acg brings it to court...they say i no how to grade so i cant have it...i get sued 20$mill...dont have it....go to jail....sneak out...borrow a AK-47 from my dear friend osama bin laden...shoot him...go to acg...go on a rampage...YAY!
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a decent low grade 16-d, good price at 265.00 as others mentioned trading way higher on E-bay.

The overdate buff if nice and problem free is a good buy at 1K IMO (CDN sheet is 1000.00/1100.00 in Vg)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file