Home Q & A Forum
Options

World Coin Grading VS US Coins

Hi David,

I sent in a batch of MS Silver Britannia's for grading. Is there a difference in grading standards for these than US coins?

I based my grading on the Britannia coins against the PCGS Silver American Eagles I have. What prompts me to ask is the fact that I just received back my grades on two World submissions of Britannia's and they are all graded at least 2-3 points lower than if they had been SAE's. These are bright MS coins that on most I need a 20x loupe to even find a hairline on. I am no pro but I slab a ton of Eagles and have very good idea what one needs to receive an MS69 on a modern coin at PCGS.

Normally I have very few complaints if any about PCGS grading but after having received these back and after taking a good look at them again I feel either the grading standards must be different or perhaps the graders may be getting hard pressed to move out the back log of economy orders? I guess what I am really asking is what should I do next?

I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining. I am as interested in learning as much as anything else.

Thanks,
Larry
Dabigkahunaimage

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Larry...I believe the standards are supposed to be the same. If you want to send the coins to me, I'll be glad to take a look at them...David