Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Okay Mercury People--How did I do? 1927 MS65FB

fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
I could be passing soon.

I picked this coin off ebay the other day. Comments?

I also picked up a hand full from Mercury 1 (thank you Mercury 1)
1916-S MS64FB
1917 MS63FB
1920 MS64FB
1929 MS63FB
1931-D MS64FB
1934-D NS64FB

1927 on ebay

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Nice score!!!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    fair price for a true 65fb...nice coin, and I agree, you are on the move again....good job!
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    I feel fairly lucky right now. I know I am moving into the tougher dates and to pick up that many coins in such a short time is something I know will not continue to happen.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    lookin' good. as much as i enjoy coins, i am seldom in a position to pick up six at a time. checkers
    Here's to it and to it again.
    If you don't do it when you get to it,
    You'll never get to it to do it again.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkers, your up to 3 posts...good for you...image

FC, nice batch.....when you add them all you gotta worn everyone so we don't have a cardiac when we drop a few image

Marc
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YowZa......Build a Set in a Day !!

OK... I bought three from him also. image

Ken
  • Options
    Marc, I'll worn before I add the coins, but keep in mind I am on the varieties set, so I won't probably won't impact anyone.

Ken, Which dates did you get from Mercury1.

• Options
    Can't Tell.....People here in the Merc crowd will Flame the Hell out of me if I tell. image

Just common dates......OK just common late dates........OK a 37S and a couple of others. image

Have to get My set back up to 90% so I can use the Free Submissions. These are Fillers for the time being. Well maybe after they are seen the mind could change.

Ken
  • Options
    Ken,

I was wondering if you were going for 90% complete again. I noticed you are moving up.

• Options
    Ken I picked up 3 from mercury1. All upgrades.

New rules, I'm in a no passing lane so everyone stay where you are. You guys are making it hard to sleep with all the lights in my mirrors. J Voege
    Merc collector.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we're in for a red weekendimage

FC, I reakon you'd have more fun in the main Merc registry, the varieties are kinda quiet lonely crowdimage

Marc

Edited: FC, never mind did not realize A.R.S. is you too image
  • Options
    Tony thats what I am doing. When I sold a few a while back I thought there were enough extras in my collection of these things that would keep me at 90 %. I did add a couple of 67's on the sly. Dont think I said much about them.

A Tactical Blunder on My part.image

Ken
  • Options
    Nice additions.
    I can see your lights approachin' in my rear-view. image
    I'll pull over a little, but not for long. image

Don

Winged Liberty and
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    fcloud,

Thats a nice strike on that 27, nice find! Now you realize that if you work this correctly, you've got red Fridays covered for 7 weeks! Yeah right. image I picked up 2 from Mercury1, the 19-P 63FB and the 26-P 63FB. Don't think I'll be passing or anything, just maintaining! I'm about to start to get into that territory where I am being chased much more than I am chasing! I considered upgrading my 16-S, but would have only been 1 point, glad to see you got it. Also considered his 39-S 64FB, but I really really want to hold out for a 65FB.

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    Wow, all those nice coin, and none for me. Gee Wizz. You guys did good. image

Ken, can you get free submissions when you had 90% last time , can you take another when you get 90% again ? Is it yearly, or is it a one time thingie.

Walt <---from the quiet lonely group. LOL image
  • Options
    Walt I had the authorization number for the submissions when the set was at 90% before but did not use the submissions. I am not sure PCGS will honor the submissions without the set being at 90% now. The thinking is to just get it back up to 90%. I'm sure they would not give me 4 more and the thought did not enter my mind.

Man it looks like the Merc Group might want to be renamed the "Vulture Squad". Talk about picking a guys Mercury Set clean in nothing flat.

Ken
  • Options
    Possible hand signal.........imageimage
    Dennis

My Dimes

• Options
    OK Dennis.......Whatcha Doing or Whatcha Get ? image

" Official Mercateer "
  • Options
    OK, yall' asked for it, so now I feel real silly with these few non-unc, mixed in with the super coins in the rest of my set, but it does make more sense to show what you do have and work from that.....OK, I hear ya! Hand signal......parden me Ken. YEA!!!! 100% for about a month now...image
    Dennis

My Dimes

• Options
    Dennis your GPA dropped 7+ points. image Hmmm....I'll blow by you again when the three dimes I bought arrive. image Anyway its cool the Set is 100%. Working on Up-Grades now, Huh ?

"Official Mercateer" with Shirt.
  • Options
    Thanks, yep...time for some money first, then the upgrades...or should i buy the upgrades then pay later...hmmmmmmm???? I think I will save first....seems to work out better for me.....image
    Dennis

My Dimes

• Options
    Dennis , congrats on the 100% Cool set.

Walt image
  • Options
    Dennis, congrats on 100% complete!

Wayne, covered for seven Fridays? Naw, just one maybe two.

Everyone, Thanks for the comments, these coins will go in the varieties set, and I think I will be only upgrading one, so that will hit the other set.

Tony

• Options
    Nice Dennis. I see I'm going to have to go to warp to keep my place in line. Arm the phasers, any one trying to pass will be fired on.image
    Where are you my little 1927-s sweetheart? Daddys looking for you. JVoege
    Merc collector.