Home U.S. Coin Forum

Hope everyone sold their gold ...

I know gold discussion was very hot a month or two ago, quite a few people were very bullish; others (myself included) forwarned the perils of gold speculation. I think I have seen red this whole week with gold and I believe it was down over $6 just today. Personally, I think that it will be under $300 again very shortly (mid-April'ish ??).

Thoughts ??
My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??

Comments

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold was moving up before the IRAQ situation even came close to a conflict. Certainly, the current climate has cooled it down. However I still feel that gold's future over the next 3-12 months is bright. I look upon this as a buying opportunity.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    Sold some this past weekend just in time. image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • I'm with roadrunner, BUY!!!
    may the force be with you.

rob.
  • Bill,

Good job. I actually sold an older gold coin ($10 Coronet Head) & an ounce bullion coin (that I bought last summer around the $275 per ounce mark). Nothing major, but always nice to make a profit.

Roadrunner,

Not sure which one of us is right and which one is not, but my next buy level will be at $265 to $270 (depending on time and conditions). If I had to predict (since you gave a 3 to 12 month range) I would predict it around the winter holidays 2003.
    My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that gold was clearly oversold in the $260-$275 range. If it holds at $300 or higher, that would be a positive. Interest rates are still low and even if the Fed RAISES rates up significantly from where they are now, it still doesn't cost much to own gold. Keep in mind, the last time gold was at $400 the prime rate was somewhere in the 8% range. I am not a ranging bull because the last move from about $330 to $370+ was probably out of fear and short covering. Gold stocks are probably a reasonable alternative should gold drop back below $300. As short traders begin to take profits, the price of gold should settle in a trading range probably $300 as a low and perhaps $350 as a high... Just some thoughts from the cheap seats.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• I almost sold off some of my bullion to get myself a nice 16D, I didn't but wish I had.
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I sold a 1924 MS63 Saint about 3 weeks ago. Brought me $480....$95 over what I paid for it about 2 years back.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

Still buying at current levels and will continue to buy on a bi weekly basis.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • I sold 3 ounces at $354 to pay for this computer. However, last Winter I sold 14 ounces at $275 'cause I just couldn't hold on any longer.
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image
  • TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    I'm glad I sold what little I had when I did. Now I'm trying to decide whether to buy now or wait and see if it drops any more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file