Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pre-show anxiety

After a much needed skiing trip to Lake Tahoe Im still kinda nervous about the LB Show, this will be my second major show (1st was the F.U.N). That I have attended.

Anyone else go thru preshow anxiety (needs a catchy name)

The last show I attended was almost overwhelming, I kinda wanted to see what everone had and wound up finding very little cause I had hopped from table to table trying to look at everything. I'm more focused this time, I've got a few specific dealers I want to see and I've let them know in advance what i'm looking for and when I will drop by. I've also made out a list of coins I want and coins I need.

" I hoard coins, that's what I do, it's my nature"

Comments

• Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    I start to dream about coins.......very weird!

C-ya at the show Maddox.

TBT
  • Options

<< <i>I start to dream about coins.......very weird! >>

I have been going through this for about a month now. Not every night but coin dreams. Guess it just means that you are thinking about coins and it carries over to your dreams.

• Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Not sure about pre-show anxiety but I know about post-show anxiety.
    Seems every show I got to I have some remorse about the coin(s) I passed on because of one reason or another.

• Options
    I have the same feeling as Cam40, except the remorse is about the coins I did buy.image

Also about the way I see some people treated by dealers. The last show had a dealer as you came in
    with a sign stating he bought coins. A young man approached him, and was told his coin was worth a
    buck and he didn't have time to fool with it.

Maybe it was, but you could see the blood drain from the young man's face.

No reason for this.
  • Options
    Beware of the killer toned coins! They are know to be lurking in unexpected places at Long Beach! (a wink to GSAGUY and TBT)...

Have fun,
    barn
    Nicht mehr Münzen-für jetzt!
  • Options
    Barney,nice icon! are you going to L.B.? I'll be there on thurs.only, I have some coins I want ACG to slab.imageimage NOT.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    I try not to think about the show too much. I've been disappointed by the lack of good material so much I now go just to see people I know.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    Entering the floor with so much to look at is a little overwhleming. It is a neat experience. My advice is that since we are in this for the fun of it, try and keep it an enjoyable experience. Being with other collectors who share the same interest, and with so much stuff to see and discuss, wow, what a neat thing. Enjoy!!! And for those of us who can't attend, feel free to post something so we can feel like we are there. image
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    <<I start to dream about coins.......very weird!>>

You need to get out more.imageimage

GSAGUY
  • Options
    I also dream about coins. I know the anxiety you're talking about. Its official name
    is numispanica.

Brian.
  • Options
    TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    I've been going to coin shows for years and still stress about it. Days before a show I emotionally withdraw from my family. My wife jokingly calls it my "serial killer" look. Once I get through the doors of a show I relax and everything is OK. I even have fun once in a while.image
  • Options
    RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    I'm stressed, because this is the first time I'm setting up at a show.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RKKay,

Good luck. Maybe you could give us a sneak preview of what you will be offering???
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words. I haven't yet decided exactly what I'll put out, but I expect to display an NGC PR 68 RD J-1609 (Schoolgirl Dollar) and a PCGS PR 67 J-1593 (Morgan Quarter), both finest known, one of the days.
  • Options
    Well as you know I'm not a dealer, nor a collector, but I'm certainly excited about the upcoming show. Never being to a coin show before I just don't know what to expect or how much money to bring! Shall I just wear a name tag so you all know me?LOL Should I take some coins to have appraised and slabbed? I'll take just a few for Mark to look at, can't take advantage of his kindness, but what about a few more, not the 4 or 5 hundred I've been going through, but any feedback on what I should have looked at? So many morgans and peace dollars, liberty and franklin 1/2 dollars, or perhaps should have the entire collection taken somewhere, any advice? I look forward to seeing all of you there, I'll be the woman with the little red wagon!LOL Seriously, hope all of you from out of town have a wonderful time, the rain will stop by the weekend, I promise! Happy dreaming! Sally
    lis
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    RKKay,

Where do I find you? I'd like to look at some neat patterns.

GSAGUY
  • Options
    I'm at Table 651, but I'm in So Cal. PM me if you want to get together before the show. Rick
  • Options

<< <i>I also dream about coins. I know the anxiety you're talking about. Its official name
    is numispanica.q]

LOL, good one
    " I hoard coins, that's what I do, it's my nature"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file