Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Collectors Universe billing

On 1/13/03 CU received my shipment.On 1/16/03 they charged my credit card 304.00.I think I should be billed when they complete the job.This makes the 45-50 business day time for completion hurt even more.

Comments

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    freezer,
    I will have to side with Pcgs on this one. What if they graded or started the grading process only to learn that the credit card or check was bad or over its limit? The 1st part of the grading process is to make sure funds are available imho. I am sure PCGS gets their fare share of bad checks.

Paul
  • Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    Also, they are going to "complete the job" no matter what. Whether your coins get into slabs is an entirely different isssue. I agree that once they start the process, they should get paid.
  • Options
    Freezer, just think of the nice coin(s) that you could have purchased with the $304. What a waste.
  • Options
    I agree with charging for services upfront. We do that in my business where we get people passports. If we get someones passport then return it to them and their check bounces then we are out our money for weeks until they get back from vacation.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Freezer,

It states very clearly on the submission form that the credit card is charged or the check cashed upon receipt of the submission.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file